Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #151
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Thank you very much for making this plugin. I have started using it with my KPW2 since I am not a fan of justification and the paperwhites force justification. By using the plugin you developed, my azw files now display much better on the device. Once again, thank you for all the effort you did to make this.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #152
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Hello. I've been using the plugin for a long time and it worke perfectly (thanks)

Then I had to format /reinstall the OS, and now it doesn't go anymore. Here's what is says:

Quote:
calibre, version 1.31.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>ValueError</b>:max() arg is an empty sequence

calibre 1.31 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 115, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 89, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 165, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 109, in __init__
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence
This is for italian ebooks. For the english ones it works though. I tried installing a new italian dictionary from the open office website, but when I add it from calibre, it says

Quote:
calibre, version 1.31.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>KeyError</b>:"There is no item named 'dictionaries.xcu' in the archive"

calibre 1.31 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.gui.config", line 205, in _addDict
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.gui.config", line 211, in _addOxt
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 980, in read
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1008, in open
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 970, in getinfo
KeyError: "There is no item named 'dictionaries.xcu' in the archive"
Any ideas? I'm running Calibre's latest version, but I forgot which dictionary I was using before.

ty
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #153
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Don't know if this has already been pointed out, but the name's wrong in Italian. It has been translated as "Unisci" (which instead means "Join"). The correct name would be "Sillaba"
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #154
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1v4n0 I think I have found the problem, trying to hack that dictionary to make it work out. Oxt dictionaries are actually zip files. If you unzip dict-it.oxt you will find that the missing file is there, but they have put it into a subdirectory, that's why calibre does not find it.
I am going to move it, fix pathnames it contain and then repack it. Will see if it works.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #155
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
I am going to move it, fix pathnames it contain and then repack it. Will see if it works.
Yep, it worked. Or at least, it is correctly loaded into Hypenate this!
Still new to the plugin though, I have now to figure how to use it to test.
You're free to try, but I would need an address to send it to.
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #156
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

When I try to hypenate an italian book (azw3 format) I get this error:

calibre, version 1.31.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>ValueError</b>:max() arg is an empty sequence

calibre 1.31 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 115, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 89, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 165, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 109, in __init__
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence
Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #157
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Ivano I got that!
Quick and easy: you don't have to load the entire oxt file into hypenate this!
It normally should work, but for some reason it confuses the plugin.
Just open the .oxt file with winzip, then extract hyph_it_IT.dic file from "dictionaries" subdirectory and load that into Hypenate this!
This way the hypenation will work.

PS: Sorry for the repeated posting. :P

Last edited by Ruskie_it; 04-07-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #158
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Thanks, it works!

Evviva i nerd
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #159
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
Evviva i nerd
pure un po' gli ingegneri però! (E anche gli ingegneri nerd)
Old 05-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #160
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
I want to thank you very much for this plugin which i actually use for over a year already!

I am curious: How does this actually work? I would think it is some HTML magic (since i looked inside an edited EPUB and the .html files has dynamic hyphenation when opened in a browser) but i can't figure out how.

Also, how exactly can i make the hyphenation visible in a user-defined column in calibre? I tried it some times and failed. A small how2 would be great!

Thanks!
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #161
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I found a bug in the plugin. the current version of the English Diction won't load. Youneed an older version for this to work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #162
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@JSWolf: Does it fail silently, or do you happen to have a backtrace? (Also, an exact link to the aforementioned dictionary would help).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@JSWolf: Does it fail silently, or do you happen to have a backtrace? (Also, an exact link to the aforementioned dictionary would help).
The newer dictionary just would not load. I've attached the newest dictionary and the older one that does load. You can easily tell by the filenames which work and which don't.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #164
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So, any word on what's going on with not being able to load the current English dictionary?
Old 06-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #165
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@JSWolf: Yep, the manifest is incomplete in the American English one, it doesn't contain an entry for the hyphenation dictionary.

As a workaround, since it's not the first oxt to suffer from this oversight, you can manually unzip the oxt package, and feed the hyph_*.dic file to the plugin instead.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces