Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Boothby, Guy Newell: Dr. Nikola's Experiment. V2. 30 Mar 2011

Guy Newell Boothby (13 October 1867 – 26 February 1905) was an Australian novelist and writer.

Excerpt
I had entered the medical profession with everything in my favour. My father had built up a considerable reputation for himself, and, what he prized still more, a competency as a country practitioner of the old-fashioned sort in the west of England. I was his only child, and, as he was in the habit of saying, he looked to me to carry the family name up to those dizzy heights at which he had often gazed, but upon which he had never quite been able to set his foot. A surgeon I was to be, willy-nilly, and it may have been a throw-back to the parental instinct alluded to above, that led me at once to picture myself flying at express speed across Europe in obedience to the summons of some potentate whose life and throne depended upon my dexterity and knowledge.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: mobi Dr. Nikola's Experiment.mobi (1.40 MB, 347 views)

Last edited by crutledge; 04-04-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: The missing test in Ch 4 was located by Bones and incorporated.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Bones
Bones doesn't litterBones doesn't litter

Device: Iliad 2nd edition
Missing pages from "Dr. Nikola's Experiment"

As Crutledge says, there is a piece missing from Chapter IV of the book.

However I found in the web a site:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Dr-Ni...1Yw/page1.html

from which a complete version of the book can be downloaded. The file is made of page images and the missing portion can be found between the 3rd paragraph of page 124 and the 2nd paragraph of page 126.

From this site one can also download a - very poor - epub version. I found that extracting the missing part from the pdf version is faster and probably gives a better text.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
As Crutledge says, there is a piece missing from Chapter IV of the book.

However I found in the web a site:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Dr-Ni...1Yw/page1.html

from which a complete version of the book can be downloaded. The file is made of page images and the missing portion can be found between the 3rd paragraph of page 124 and the 2nd paragraph of page 126.

From this site one can also download a - very poor - epub version. I found that extracting the missing part from the pdf version is faster and probably gives a better text.
If you will post (or in a private message) the missing parts with enough info to ensure I put them into the proper location, I will insert them into the book and post an updated version.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
BruceNapier
Silver Surfer
BruceNapier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'd never come across this author before; thanks a lot, fascinating stuff.

Sadly, the file link seems to have gone since you uploaded the corrected version...
BruceNapier is offline   Reply With Quote