Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
FBReader 0.8.4

Edit 2/12/08: The most recent port of FBReader can be found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20490

I'm releasing 0.8.4 as an Ipkg package as defined here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10585

Let me know how the install goes. Everything should be very simple now that there is one version for all memory cards.

One of the biggest changes is that the Options dialog now has arrows, so that all of fbreader's options can be changed. (see attached screenshot)

Other changes since last iLiad release (0.8.2b)

Quote:
Version 0.8.4 is released (June 5, 2007).
Changes:

* Interface localization is now supported. All text resources has been moved to XML files. Resources for English and Russian are included in the package.
* CHM support has been improved.

Version 0.8.3d is released (May 18, 2007).
Changes:

* For mobipocket files (e.g., for files from the free Baen library) TOC building has been improved.
* OEB support has been improved.

Version 0.8.3c (for Windows, Linux/gtk desktop and PepperPad) is released (May 14, 2007).
Changes:

* In Windows version, the BMP image format support has been added.
* In Linux desktop (gtk) version, the problem with 'maximize-fullscreen-unfullscreen' sequence has been fixed.

Version 0.8.3b is released (May 12, 2007).
Changes:

* Mobipocket format support has been improved.
* Qtopia: selection has been fixed.
* PdaXRom (gtk): infinite loop during startup has been fixed.

Version 0.8.3 is released (May 9, 2007).
Changes:

* Text selection and copying to the clipboard have been added.
You can download it here: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...readerinst.zip

Simply extract it to your memory card and run from the contentlister. It should automatically upgrade if you have a previous version installed as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fbreader.8.4.png
Views:	2021
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	3852  
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
digman
digman began at the beginning.

Device: teo680/EenQ50/starEbook/iliad
great!

thanks!
digman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
yes, thank you Adam!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Thanks, it is working. Just one bug, when you press the confirm button (dot) to go to fullscreen, you can´t go back to non-fullscreen pressing it again. I tried with the keys option without success.

Jose
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
Thanks, it is working. Just one bug, when you press the confirm button (dot) to go to fullscreen, you can´t go back to non-fullscreen pressing it again. I tried with the keys option without success.

Jose
I noticed the same bug. Not sure what's going on, I'll have to look into it further. As it's not a show-stopper, I decided to release it as-is.
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Of course, this is jus a minor bug, the other features work very well, indeed a very useful program.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Nice, but I had to reenter the books in my library. Bug or feature?
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
Installation bug. I don't use the library, so I forgot to test.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
lufee
lufee began at the beginning.

thanks a lot for the new releasing waiting for a long time
lufee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
I've uploaded a new version (same filename) that shouldn't overwrite the old config files. Sorry about that.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #11
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Could something be done about the teeny tiny "+" buttons in the library view of FBReader? I'm having a lot of trouble hitting them with my stylus. Thanks!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Umm ok I downloaded this version, put it on the internal memory of the Illiad. Copied the unzipped dir to it.
In browsing internal memory I see install FBreader. But I cannot click on it or push the dot (between the 2 arrows). It just did not run.
I am no hacker..I have no linux/shell access etc and do not want to. Just FBreader to read rtf and such.
Thnx in advance
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #13
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGodefroi View Post
I am no hacker..I have no linux/shell access etc and do not want to.
you need the shell script execution addon from iRex. Without that, you cant use any software from external sources.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #14
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Ah ok..thnx
I put in the request via the webform.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I upgraded to 2.10 and it doesn't seem to work any more. Any idea why? Both the standard and the improved version of ipdf seem to work fine.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote