Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #946
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
You must have celebrated that day
Could you check the "date read" sync on your end? (for books read after that date).
Yes, I did. And I cannot check, as I don't download the date but upload.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #947
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@davidfor

I do currently have an icon column that (among other things)keeps track of the books that I am either waiting for or that are pre-ordered, however at the present time I have the "add date" as being the est publication date. I guess my main concern was having that release date listed was so I knew when to buy the book, but not have the "added date" be that date since it will now put all those books first priority when sorting.

I guess this is going to be one of those things I am going to have to manually keep track of.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #948
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@kiwidude,

Three suggestions (in both long and short form)

Long form---
1. Can you enhance the plugin to use a drop-down list of whatever available options are for each tag column in the sync or add features, instead of just the current tags column?

Add value to column #genre (Values) {drop-down list of #genre tags}
Remove value from column #bookshelves {drop-down list of #bookshelves tags}

I cannot remember each possible tag, but having the drop-down would greatly help.

2. Is there a way to use multiple calibre tags to designate a single shelf? Maybe the option of using "any of the following", just for uploading tags as shelves?

I have two columns designating bookshelves, one with the current list of tags for the current bookshelves, but another column that holds all the old tags from over the years that now don't quite match up, but are still useful for uploading as shelves:

Urban Fantasy, UF, Urban-Fantasy, urban-fantasy-series, uf-series, genre-urban-fantasy

You can see how having each one of those tags pointing to the current "Urban Fantasy" shelf would be helpful in uploading tags as shelves without having to go into the manage tags function and weeding through them. Especially if the tags come from different columns.

I tried listing each various form but it appears I need to have all of those tags to qualify for a match.

This request is not quite as "urgent" as the previous and the next suggestions..

3 Can you change the current way rules are arbitrarily deleted if the corresponding column is missing when the user only hovers over the shelf?

I may be missing a column because the library I am using doesn't have it, but having the rule simply deleted without even added or synced but just hovered over the shelf really messes things up. Different libraries have different columns and maybe I just forgot to add a column when creating it.

Having the ability to just ignore the rule rather than have it removed would be better since the plugin is not library specific but for every library in Calibre.
Unless you can devise "library specific" rules....this would be most helpful in tag naming....

Considering the idea of multiple libraries when working with the plugin would be such a nice enhancement when some libraries don't have the same columns as others, and some columns hold tags that are needed for naming shelves that are not in other columns in other libraries.

Short form---

1. drop down lists of tags on all available columns in the sync and add rules. Not just "tags" column.

2. Multiple tags identifying a single shelf rather to keep up with older or changed tag rules. Only when uploading tags as shelves.

3a. Stop arbitrarily removing rules if the columns aren't available when only hovering over the shelf. This sucks when the user simply needs to change libraries or add the missing column.

3b. Library specific rules? (that one seems the least likely to be implemented)

Thanks for your patience....
Old 07-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #949
Soap-dodger
Soap-dodger began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PaperWhite 3
1. The "Feature" and "Sortable" tick boxes of the "Add Shelf" function do not seem to have any effect on Goodreads.

2. It is very annoying that every added shelf automatically has the "Recs" option ticked in Goodreads, requiring the user to edit the shelf in Goodreads each time, in order to remove the unwanted tick option (flag).

3. Could these tick box options be extended to facilitate the "Sticky" and "Recs" options?

4. It would be very useful if the default state of these tick boxes could be set and saved for future use, to save the user having to manually select every time a shelf is added.

Last edited by Soap-dodger; 07-07-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added more details
Soap-dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:41 AM   #950
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, it seems the problem is at Goodreads end. The plugin uses the Goodreads API for most functions. The API function for creating shelves has an option for setting sortable and feature, but they don't appear to be working. I have done some testing to check, and these options are not working.

The API does not have For "Recs" and "Sticky", so they cannot be set.

With the options not working, storing them is pointless. Plus, when I look at what these options mean, remembering them does not make sense.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #951
Soap-dodger
Soap-dodger began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PaperWhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unfortunately, it seems the problem is at Goodreads end.
Have you advised Goodreads regarding this issue?
Soap-dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #952
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Oops, wrong post. sorry. Meant to post in goodreads metadata

Last edited by moredrowsy; 07-12-2017 at 06:37 PM.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #953
cloudbank
cloudbank began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but when I click on "Authorize Plugin with Goodreads" in Calibre/Customize Goodreads Sync, I don't get any kind of webpage opening at all. The plugin asks me if I have allowed access for this plugin on the Goodreads site, but I don't see any way to do that at all, because no webpage opens, there's no entry for this on my Goodreads/Apps page, nothing happens except the dialogue asking me if I've allowed access. What do I have to do to get to the Goodreads authorization for this app?

EDIT: Changed default browser from Firefox to Chrome and this worked ok. Not sure why it didn't like FF, but it's working now, so if you have this problem, try changing your default browser.

Last edited by cloudbank; 07-17-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: solved problem
cloudbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #954
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cloudbank: I can't think of a reason for it not to work with Firefox, but it isn't something I've needed to try recently. What OS are you using in case there has been something changed there.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 AM   #955
cloudbank
cloudbank began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I am using the latest FF (54.0.1) on Win 10. However, this may be related to a FF plugin - I did not try turning off my plugins in FF, I just switched browsers (although Chrome also has plugins).
cloudbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #956
kristalana
Groupie
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab Pro
Question on Calibre's "Date Read" and Goodreads' recent new function to add multiple read dates to books: I love the new GR function and have been using it for my re-reads. However, I'd like my custom "Date Read" column in Calibre to keep the initial date I read the book. Now if I've re-read, it overwrites that date with the new date.

Is it possible to have a setting in the plugin to not update the column if it already contains a date?

Thanks so much for all the work on this wonderful plugin.
kristalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #957
rdyornot
rdyornot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quick Question?

I’ve been enjoying myself playing with your plugin, trying to merge two chaotic libraries into one organizedo one... everything seems to be working fine, but I do have one question.

In the Synch preferences window, what is the purpose of the “calibre Tags” column with the drop-down selectors? They don’t seem to be mentioned anywhere, or as far as i can tell, do anything. WHAT ARE THEY FOR? NEED TO PRESS THE BUTTON!!
rdyornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #958
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdyornot View Post
I’ve been enjoying myself playing with your plugin, trying to merge two chaotic libraries into one organizedo one... everything seems to be working fine, but I do have one question.

In the Synch preferences window, what is the purpose of the “calibre Tags” column with the drop-down selectors? They don’t seem to be mentioned anywhere, or as far as i can tell, do anything. WHAT ARE THEY FOR? NEED TO PRESS THE BUTTON!!
As tempting as it is to leave you squirming and trying to resist the urge, they are the mapping between the tags in the library and the shelves on Goodreads. They are used by the "Upload tags as shelves" and "Download tags from shelves" functions under the "Link books" menu.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #959
Rellwood

@kristalana

Keep separate read date columns for good reads only. Use them when syncing to your exclusive shelves in the argument fields when doing the tags. when adding to your read shelf instead of using your set calibre read date column use a "latest read date" to upload new read dates, while keeping another "gr date read" for syncing the gr date read to keep track of the dates while not removing important ones.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #960
kristalana
Groupie
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
@kristalana

Keep separate read date columns for good reads only. Use them when syncing to your exclusive shelves in the argument fields when doing the tags. when adding to your read shelf instead of using your set calibre read date column use a "latest read date" to upload new read dates, while keeping another "gr date read" for syncing the gr date read to keep track of the dates while not removing important ones.
Ok I'll give this a shot. Thanks so much for the help!
kristalana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads