Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Kindle holder....

From the Amazon Kindle discussions page:

Initial post: Dec 21, 2008 6:53 AM PST
Rita Kopp says:
I found a zipper tote case for my Kindle that totally protects the unit for travel. Target is selling a quilted cover for about $14for the mini laptops that are out this year, and the Kindle fits perfectly. The unit is totally protected if tossed in a briefcase, backpack or handbag. Much better than the book cover received with the unit, but I do use that cover to prop up my Kindle to read while eating. Love my Kindle!

I will definitely be looking for this at Target the next time I go.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
If you find something please upload some photos!
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
If you find something please upload some photos!

Will do..........
Old 12-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
And this is in the Cybook part of the forum because...?
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
And this is in the Cybook part of the forum because...?
Ooops. Sorry, meant to put it into the kindle accessories forum........I'll move.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i moved it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

thank you, z!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
no worries.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I got the quilted one below at Target last night for $19.99; it's perfect. I'm so glad I did not get the Fbag, almost bought it last weekend for over $50 shipped with strap. This is perfect, it fits the Kindle with the Oberon cover so nicely. I then was able to carry it inside my bag. Also, they have a smooth one that does not come with the removable straps for $9.99, I posted a picture of it also below. It's perfect for guys who might think the 1st one is too girly!

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
What department does Target have these in? Luggage? Computers? Paper & pens? Something else entirely?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
In my Targets it is in the electronics dept. next to the netbook computers. I have a quilted one in a light blue color.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I got the quilted one below at Target last night for $19.99; it's perfect. I'm so glad I did not get the Fbag, almost bought it last weekend for over $50 shipped with strap. This is perfect, it fits the Kindle with the Oberon cover so nicely. I then was able to carry it inside my bag. Also, they have a smooth one that does not come with the removable straps for $9.99, I posted a picture of it also below. It's perfect for guys who might think the 1st one is too girly!

That is so cute! I'm a sucker for anything quilted.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
What department does Target have these in? Luggage? Computers? Paper & pens? Something else entirely?
Computers; the mini laptops are all by themselves near the computers in my neighborhood Target in Atlanta. The bags are right under the mini laptops.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #14
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
...it fits the Kindle with the Oberon cover so nicely....
First, thanks for posting the pictures! Second, what is "the Oberon cover"
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
First, thanks for posting the pictures! Second, what is "the Oberon cover"
The best looking Kindle covers in my humble opinion. They just added some new designs that are not yet listed. They only announced it yesterday. They will be on their website next week. I have the red dragon; the picture of mine dragon is below and Otochick's Avenue of Trees. I have the velcro and she has the corners. I'm lusting after the red wraparound Sun, that's one of the new designs that will be available next week!

http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_list&c=66

Here is a link to the new designs that will be added next week!!!

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/topic,2576.0.html

Last edited by Lilly; 01-16-2009 at 11:02 AM.