Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Hi Hitch,

I will check, but I don't remember anything strange after saving.

Anyway, my way of working is that I have a more or less default stylesheet available with all kind of classes. If I check a text in Word and see some text that will need a certain class in the ePUB, I will create a style in Word and make sure that that text has that style. I don't care about the style itself, it is just for identification. It does not create a stylesheet for you.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
(I realize that these are highly descriptive technical terms: wanked).
Sound as if it's german with an english "past tense" ending ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Does this iterate if there are, for example, 5 styles that you wish to retain?
It will keep asking you to change styles until you say "NO" (It's a simple loop)

To your crashes: Word has a wide area of options doing things automatically, some of them could cause a crash since they are working in background even if a macro is running. Autoformatting is the worst of all. The macro sets the style to standard, autoformating guesses that it should be something else ...

I wonder if the problems are the same if you save the document to convert into another format (i. e. Word 97)
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Just unpack the .bas file. Press Alt+F11 in word and import the .bas file into the Normal.dot.
Using Word 2000, I press alt+f11 and get a window Microsoft Visual Basic. I can find the Normal file, which I assume is Normal.dot. I click on that.

Across the top I am offered File / Edit / View / Insert / Format / Debug / Run / Tools / Add-Ins / Window / Help

None of these seem to offer an "import" option. I thought Insert might do it but all I see there are Userform / Module / Class Module

I have never messed with Visual Basic before!
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can try to right-click on the Normal file and see if there is an import there. I cannot check on Word 2000. I can also not vouch that it will work on Word 2000. There were quite some changes in 2003.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
None of these seem to offer an "import" option. I thought Insert might do it but all I see there are Userform / Module / Class Module
The Import-Option is here (see attachment). All pretty much the same in WW98 through WW2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
I have never messed with Visual Basic before!
The you probably missed some fun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ww.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	86864  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #21
steppe
Enthusiast
steppe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (broke), Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 2
Thank you Toxaris. The macro works great for my Kindle books!
steppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #22
Toxaris
Wizard

Will post a newer version soon. I check for centering now.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
Will post a newer version soon. I check for centering now.
Btw, there is an endless loop in "replace_headers". You check for empty headers but do not reset the style to -1 if an empty header is found.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
Toxaris
Wizard

That is strange. That code is not changed. Will look at it though.

Edit: the clearformatting removes the header style. So, no issue.

Last edited by Toxaris; 08-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
That is strange. That code is not changed. Will look at it though.

Edit: the clearformatting removes the header style. So, no issue.
Give it a try
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (2.3 KB, 348 views)
Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #26
Toxaris
Wizard

Will try this weekend. Can't before that.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #27
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
First of all, thank you very much for that Macro Word.

This is my first post here, in this forum and I'd like to know if there are other news about. Following your messagges seems to me like a... undesired stop or not? Maybe in another topic?
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
Toxaris
Wizard

No, not really. There is a small updated version I think, but I haven't translated that yet.

I still use it for each book.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Hi,
It's a good news to know there's a new development!

I'm new in that Macro world (about Visual Basic) and I don't know if it is possibile to save the output of your Html already splitted in chapters. Is it possible to code it? Maybe like an option.

I have other ideas but this one is a little strange...
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #30
Toxaris
Wizard

I could, but I won't. I import the whole book into Sigil and I find it easier to work with as a whole. Splitting in chapters is one of my last steps actually.

Tags
ebook tools