Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
tomtt2
tomtt2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Just a quick hellow

While I read endlessly, I am only now beginning to discover the vast options in electronic books.
I feel very far "behind the curve" here.

This looks like a wonderful site with a lot to explore.
I expect to have a lot of questions about equipment, formats, down load methods and more.

For now, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the resource.

Regards,
Tom T
tomtt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Welcome to MobileRead zone..... Enjoy the forums.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtt2 View Post
While I read endlessly, I am only now beginning to discover the vast options in electronic books.
I feel very far "behind the curve" here.

This looks like a wonderful site with a lot to explore.
I expect to have a lot of questions about equipment, formats, down load methods and more.

For now, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the resource.

Regards,
Tom T
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tomtt2 and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know what sort of eBook reader you eventually get.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, tomtt2. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello tomtt2
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #6
tomtt2
tomtt2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
Now...........can someone direct me to a past thread that gives a lot of information about the various readers. I've read the specs on the Kindle several times and it sounds like a terrific device with the flexibility to accept a lot of formats. On the other hand, the Cybook has some impressive specs as well. Then there is the range of sony devices that have various capabilities and price points. I would appreciate any opinions or recommendations that you may have.

Thanks
tomtt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
Now...........can someone direct me to a past thread that gives a lot of information about the various readers. I've read the specs on the Kindle several times and it sounds like a terrific device with the flexibility to accept a lot of formats. On the other hand, the Cybook has some impressive specs as well. Then there is the range of sony devices that have various capabilities and price points.
The Wiki is the best place for objective information about the devices... the Wiki link is at the top of every page here at Mobileread.

Quote:
I would appreciate any opinions or recommendations that you may have.

Thanks
There's tons of threads about that. Check out the "Which one should I buy" form for these types of threads.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote