Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Scribd Android app and samsung devices

I can’t listen to any audiobook with the scribd app in Samsung devices, I tried it with my phone (pocket 2), my tablet (galaxy tab pro 8) and with my boss tablet (galaxy tab 2) and never made it work, however I can listen to the sample for the same audiobook.

I tried it with several books and always when I simply tap to play it says streaming over Wi-Fi but stays like that for how long I let it without actually playing. I tried to store the book to the device and it says downloading but does nothing.

I contacted the scribd support and although they were quick to answer and were very nice they didn’t solve the issue, first they told me to update to the newer version of the app (from last week) but when that didn’t solve the issue they add no other solutions, but keep looking in to it.

Is it just me or are there other people with Samsung devices with this same issues?
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:13 AM   #2
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I just finished listening to a downloaded audiobook from Scribd on my Samsung S3 phone without any problems. I haven't tried streaming.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you wawasteele, Maybe it is my bad luck.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I didn't have time last night to check my Samsung Tab 4 10.1", so I did this morning. I tried downloading two books on it. One was the one I just finished on my phone, the other was a new book. The first book had issues like you described. The second worked perfectly. The first book, the one I had listened to on my phone, finally did download and play, but it took a very long time.

The only differences I could think of between the two books, is that I had listened to the one book. I didn't listen clear to the end of all the credits. Could that be similar to listening to a sample? I haven't tried that. Have you tried to download and listen to a book that you haven't played the sample?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
tempest@de
Fanatic

the first book I tried was picked in the tablet, I tried it only streaming since at the time I didn’t know that it was possible to store in the device, when it didn’t work I tried the same book in the laptop and it worked fine.

A few days later I tried a new book that I was listening on the laptop, then I noticed the sample button and tried it, it worked fine.

Since at the time I had read here that it was possible to store books on the device I tried to store that book, and no luck. Then I tried another book that I had added to my library but never opened and without luck.

I noticed that when I store an ebook in the device once I push the store in device button it shows the download progress, it is however very fast 2 or 3 seconds, but once I push the same button in an audiobook nothing happens.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:48 AM   #6
tempest@de
Fanatic

Updating this with new information, I had given up in being able to listen to the audiobooks in the Samsung devices so I was surprised to be contacted by scribd support to let me know that apparently there were several international users with the same problem and that it was related with the language of the device, they suggested I change the language of the device to English, which I did so now I’m able to listen and store the files.
This is not a perfect solution but at least now I can take advantage of the audiobooks in scribd, and I so did, today was my first day listening to one wile coming to work.
I must say I didn’t expect them so follow through with this issue and less so that they would contact me after all this time, so I’m very pleased with the support, another reason to keep the subscription.