Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 05:29 AM   #1
hhtmp88
hhtmp88 began at the beginning.

Device: Dasung Not-eReader
Add "font-size" and "font-colour" functions to next version of Page Edit?

Hi All!

Currently if I want to highlight a text with bigger font size and coloured text, I will add the <span> html tag as follows:
Code:
<span style="font-size:1.71em;color:blue"> Text </span>

I hope that the font-size and font-colour can be set easily in next version of PageEdit, will my dream comes true?

Thanks for any kind of help!
hhtmp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please stop with these "requests" to change Sigil and PageEdit to match your personal choices.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 10:12 AM   #3
hhtmp88
hhtmp88 began at the beginning.

Device: Dasung Not-eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Please stop with these "requests" to change Sigil and PageEdit to match your personal choices.
Sorry to hear about that!

Just to make things clear:

ls it true that the Development Team shall NOT accept any feature requests from Sigil's users?

Thanks for the Great Works of Sigil's Development Team!
hhtmp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
No. We will always consider reasonable improvement requests from thoughtful users, especially long time users who have thought through their request and understand how it might impact other longtime users. We may still reject them but they will be considered.

We will *NOT* accept repeated improvement requests from someone who has not even bothered to use the software enough to understand what it can and can not do and only wants to make it work more like a different product.

These are not improvement requests but requests to fit your personal preferences.

That is why I said "stop".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhtmp88 View Post
Sorry to hear about that!

Just to make things clear:

ls it true that the Development Team shall NOT accept any feature requests from Sigil's users?

Thanks for the Great Works of Sigil's Development Team!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi All!

Currently if I want to highlight a text with bigger font size and coloured text, I will add the <span> html tag as follows:
Code:
<span style="font-size:1.71em;color:blue"> Text </span>

I hope that the font-size and font-colour can be set easily in next version of PageEdit, will my dream comes true?

Thanks for any kind of help!
For my uses, I use the preview pane not PageEdit to see what I am working on. All changes are done in CodeView. If you want a WYSIWYG epub editor, there are choices out there such as Vellum for Mac users, Atlantis, Jutoh, etc. I prefer Sigil for the control it gives me over the final code and that it does not add crud to the code.

As for using styles? I would prefer to use a class defined in a stylesheet. Much more useful when I want to re-use code.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IMHO Avoid inline styles like the plague. That is what the CSS is about: SET ONCE, Use many (stole that from my RDB manual )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
You can't customize PageEdit, but you could define your own Sigil Clip Bar buttons. Here's a link to an older post that explains how to add a <p> button. (You can use the same method to wrap tags in <span> tags.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font-colour, font-size, pageedit