Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #31
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
It's interesting what will happen if there is court order telling 'all cloud services' or Bookfusion specifically to delete specific book and prevent it being added in future.
What exactly will happen? Does it matter which book and court's jursdictionh?
From a layman point of view(not a lawyer). I currently find it difficult to imagine that such an order can be enforced on cloud services to require platforms to delete files from a users private library.

The only scenario i can see is dmca takedown requests but those only apply when users are publicly sharing files via public links on Dropbox, Google Drive or other services.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:33 AM   #32
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 0.5.3

*Bug fixes

Last edited by skillachie; 09-10-2020 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Latest Version is 0.5.3
Advert
Old 08-09-2021, 04:05 AM   #33
skillachie
Addict

Version 0.5.5

*Support zero values for series indices
Old 08-13-2021, 11:54 PM   #34
skillachie
Addict

We discovered today that the past update and the latest version of the plugin was not available in Calibre. The previous update had fixed an issue that prevented folks from syncing to BookFusion that was solved from January.

Please take the update plugin for a spin. You should now see the update in Calibre.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:47 AM   #35
skillachie
Addict

BookFusion Cloud & Device Sync 0.6.0

The plugin has been updated to 0.6.0:
  • Support syncing custom columns for bookshelves
  • Syncing additional series information for titles from series custom columns

*Ensure you have Update Metadata is checked when you configure the plugin.

Tutorials:

Upgrade to the latest plugin to start organizing your ebooks automatically into bookshelves and adding titles to multiple series. You can join us on Discord at https://www.discord.gg/7v34UYqor Reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/BookFusion/

Last edited by skillachie; 03-19-2022 at 01:11 PM.
Advert
Old 03-22-2022, 01:07 PM   #36
skillachie
Addict

BookFusion Cloud & Device Sync 0.6.2

• Fixed bug when no custom column is configured
  • Fixed bug with syncing series
Old 03-31-2022, 09:06 AM   #37
skillachie
Addict

BookFusion Cloud & Device Sync 0.6.3

• Added support to sync updated/modified eBooks

Now you can easily sync updated fanfic, webfic and serials by continuously updating a single book with the changes also being pushed to your devices.

Last edited by skillachie; 03-31-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #38
skillachie
Addict

IOS App Updated:Now fully support the following and more:

• Sync all Metadata including tags, covers and description
  • Sync series
  • Sync custom columns
  • Integrated PDF & EPUB Reader
  • Send To Kindle
  • Open with other apps
  • Much more

You can get it at:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bookfu...c-329cf8932c76
Old 05-15-2022, 07:54 AM   #39
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
So I'm new to this plugin and I have a questions/suggestions.
First of I started to use Calibre to download FanFiction so I could read it offline. These days I use so many more of it's capabilities. And I've just come across you plugin and tried it on my android phone.

One of the first things I notice is your claim is "Sync all Metadata including tags, covers and description" which for as far as I can see only supports the main [standard] tags column.
Now I know many Calibre users that have tons of custom columns. I would be nice if there was a way for the users to select which custom columns they want so sync. Even if they are only the ones that behave like tags such as:
"Column built from other columns, behaves like tags" and "Comma separated text, like tags, shown in tag browser"

Also DarkMode function does not work properly. The Contours a re black with white letters but the books text itself is white with lightgrey letters.
I've attached a screenshot as an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220515_140228_com.bookfusion.android.reader.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	193831  

Last edited by ackomb; 05-15-2022 at 08:04 AM.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:29 PM   #40
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
One of the first things I notice is your claim is "Sync all Metadata including tags, covers and description" which for as far as I can see only supports the main [standard] tags column.
Now I know many Calibre users that have tons of custom columns. I would be nice if there was a way for the users to select which custom columns they want so sync. Even if they are only the ones that behave like tags such as:
"Column built from other columns, behaves like tags" and "Comma separated text, like tags, shown in tag browser"
Yes, tags are synced from the standard tags in Calibre. However users can select their custom columns which will automatically sync to a separate bookshelf on BookFusion.

We support the "Comma separated text, like tags, shown in tag browser" . Once those columns are created you then set it as the Bookshelves Column from configuring the plugin.

Quote:
Also DarkMode function does not work properly. The Contours a re black with white letters but the books text itself is white with lightgrey letters.
I've attached a screenshot as an example.
Created a ticket to track this issue and look at resolving. Would it be possible for you to share the EPUB or a sample via DM?

Thank you for taking the plugin for a spin and the apps. Did you notice that we now also allow you to sync eBook updates? This was implemented particularly for Fanfic where you might be adding new chapters weekly to the eBook. This tutorial shows you how to sync those updates seamlessly https://support.bookfusion.com/hc/en...-to-BookFusion
Old 05-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #41
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Hey, sorry for the late reply, work work work , EPUB should be attached.
The only thing I change during of after downloading are the tags. Other then that it's all pretty standard.

Ps. when I tried to sync this book it created a new book, when I deleted and tried to duplicate it was working fine, not sure what I did wrong here.

Pps. the darkmode is an android (phone) issue, webversion works fine, I have yet to test IOS (tablet).

Which leads me to the question, which rules do you use to get a unique identifier to sync books? For example if I have the same title different author what will it do?

Further I actually manage to set a custom column named Show, which allows me to separate books into bookshelves by show. But when I open the book it only show the standard tags, and not the ones I've addressed to separate columns like characters, pairing and genre. I would like to be able to search on these tags and see them when I open the book, same as the other basic tags.
Attached Files
File Type: epub A Vacation - rollercoaster182.epub (41.7 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by ackomb; 05-22-2022 at 09:02 AM. Reason: new information
Old 06-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #42
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Hey, sorry for the late reply, work work work , EPUB should be attached.
The only thing I change during of after downloading are the tags. Other then that it's all pretty standard
Quote:
Pps. the darkmode is an android (phone) issue, webversion works fine, I have yet to test IOS (tablet).
Thank you for sharing. These were all fixed in the latest version 2.11.8 from the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.reader . Please upgrade and let me know what you think.

Quote:
Ps. when I tried to sync this book it created a new book, when I deleted and tried to duplicate it was working fine, not sure what I did wrong here.
Quote:
Which leads me to the question, which rules do you use to get a unique identifier to sync books? For example if I have the same title different author what will it do?
You appear to have an old version of the plugin based on the screenshot. You will need to have "re-upload book files" selected.

https://support.bookfusion.com/hc/en...-to-BookFusion

Quote:
Further I actually manage to set a custom column named Show, which allows me to separate books into bookshelves by show. But when I open the book it only show the standard tags, and not the ones I've addressed to separate columns like characters, pairing and genre. I would like to be able to search on these tags and see them when I open the book, same as the other basic tags.
At this time we currently sync the standard tags as tags and columns as virtual bookshelf's. The initial feedback from readers that used Calibre was that they added additional tags using the tags functionality if they wanted it to act as tags.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:35 AM   #43
ackomb
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Thank you for sharing. These were all fixed in the latest version 2.11.8 from the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.reader . Please upgrade and let me know what you think.
Yes, dark mode is working fine now.

Quote:
You appear to have an old version of the plugin based on the screenshot. You will need to have "re-upload book files" selected.

https://support.bookfusion.com/hc/en...-to-BookFusion
Weird , never did an update, but I did see the "re-upload" check box with a later attempt. Maybe I missed it the 1st time. But do I understand correctly if I leave it unchecked it will add the book a 2nd time?

Quote:
At this time we currently sync the standard tags as tags and columns as virtual bookshelf's. The initial feedback from readers that used Calibre was that they added additional tags using the tags functionality if they wanted it to act as tags.
Yeah, I kinda hate the standard tags column because it get flooded with tags I don't want to keep (thx to the stupid tagging on AO3) so I move the ones I do want to keep to custom columns and clear out all the others. Which means I have customs columns for "Show/Movie", "Characters", "Pairing", "Genre", "Status" Complete/In-Progress, "Read" Yes/No and even a review one. Right now I have "Show/Move" turning into shelves which is great, but when I open a book I want to just see the other tags as well, plus be able to search for them or a combination of them. All these columns work with tag-functionality. So I'm not really sure what you mean by "they added additional tags using the tags functionality if they wanted it to act as tags" because yes we do, but not necessarily in the standard tags column.

Also I'm kind of missing a status or a way to get a certain status when you sync. You have plan to read, currently reading and completed. Now a lot of fanfiction is added to over time, sometimes years. So they are not completed, you get a bit lost in currently reading of you leave them all there because which one has been updated and which one wasn't. So I would like all newly uploaded/updated stories to have the mark "plan to read" so once I have read them but they are still incomplete I can remove all those statuses but still have them in my library pending an update.

Another thing I came across 'reviews' I kind of managed a test review once, but for the life of me I for a week I could not figure out how to anymore and then by accident I noticed it's only visible in the web version (and it's a little star which to me point more to favorite then reviews), and not the android or IOS versions which I use to read.
So I think you should improve on this as well as make it available to all versions.
And might I make a suggestion that allows to sync both review and rating as well as a reading status back into Calibre's customs columns since that is what started all this and is used by all of us to manage our very extensive libraries.

I'll keep giving feedback as I go. I do use it because I love the easy sync option without have to actually connect my device or the calibre app that gets stuck all the time.
But to actually get a paid account, I would need more then what I'm getting now. For now I find it hard to keep track of my reading status with 25 books let alone hundreds/thousands. Same would go sifting through what I'm in the mood to read for with out the custom tags.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:10 AM   #44
ackomb
Zealot

Quote:
Getting back to this one, I think I figured it out. When you sync multiple books you do not get the "re-upload" option if say 1 out of 3 has been uploaded prior. Not sure if this is intended, but doesn't make a lot of sense if you ask me.

Also you never answered the question: Which rules do you use to get a unique identifier to sync books? For example if I have the same title different author what will it do?
Old 07-12-2022, 05:18 PM   #45
corsablis
corsablis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Having issues after updating to Calibre 6 today. After trying to upload a book, get the following error:
Quote:
calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'QNetworkReply' has no attribute 'AuthenticationRequiredError'

calibre 6.0 embedded-python: True
Linux-5.4.0-121-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.31 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.4.0-121-generic', '#137-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 15 13:33:07 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.bookfusion.check_worker", line 67, in finish_fetch_limits
if error == QNetworkReply.AuthenticationRequiredError:
AttributeError: type object 'QNetworkReply' has no attribute 'AuthenticationRequiredError'

Last edited by corsablis; 07-12-2022 at 05:19 PM. Reason: formatting
corsablis is offline   Reply With Quote