Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 02:29 AM   #42931
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Preparing for the weekly supermarket trip. Like last week I'm going a bit earlier than normal. During the recent renovation so much has moved that I need a bit of extra time to find everything on my lists.

My other mission today is to get my father to order at a certain supplier. He has been delaying it for weeks. I think it's because he hates their webshop. Normally enter the orders for the suppliers with webshops (my father is too precise with his descriptions, resulting in not being able to find the items he's looking for), but this is the one supplier I can't do. We order a lot of the more technical items from them and since my father uses general descriptions for his list and not specific item numbers from the manufacturer I'm afraid I order the wrong things.

But we're starting to run out of certain items and there has been a couple of customer orders that are now taking too long. So he needs to bite the bullet and sit down to make an order.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #42932
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Sitting at my Chromebook, using weavesilk.com. It's addictive! Try it.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:26 AM   #42933
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Procrastinating again. Today's chores are dusting and vacuuming my rooms, the utility room and the upstairs hallway.

But first I have to put in an order for a supplier, then breakfast and if I don't procrastinate too much I'll have time for a creative session this afternoon. My reward, having something to look forward to helps motivate me to do the chores that need to be done.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:32 AM   #42934
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I am sitting here procrastinating going to bed to read, while using my mouse with left hand. I'm right-handed. I have a right-hand wrist fracture from a fall at home. Went to the ER Saturday evening. Wearing a splint which reminds me of when I had an ankle cast after surgery 30 years ago.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:16 AM   #42935
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Perusing this forum whilst listening to the rain patering against my windows.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #42936
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Thinking about the vacation I'm going to take after the pandemic. I had already decided that I want to book a cottage or apartment in a vacation park, I do want to go abroad but that can wait. Since I have more time to save up (probably a lot more time) I had planned to splurge and go for a more luxurious cottage/apartment. However, that usually means you get a sauna, which I don't use, sometimes a tanning bed, which I also won't use and if you go really fancy a hot tub, which I might just use. Today I was thinking that instead of going super fancy for one week I might go for a slightly upgraded accommodation for two weeks. Who knows, I might be able to go for two weeks and book a luxurious accommodation.

I really love the idea of two Reading Retreat weeks. This year I went away for a week in January and I cancelled a city trip weekend just as the pandemic was kicking off. Usually I have two Reading Retreat weeks a year, in January and then again in spring or autumn. And I go away away for a long weekend once or twice a year. By the time it's safe to go away I have missed several trips, plus by that time I will need the extra week just to settle down after all the stress of the pandemic.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:55 AM   #42937
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Today is errands day.

I'm first walking to the local supermarket to get this week's shopping done. Normally I go on Thursday morning around 9am, it's quiet then, but they are restocking and you have to dodge the supermarket workers. Last week I had to get something for dinner on Monday and I went around 11am and it was quiet and they were done restocking. So I'm now going on Monday mid-morning.

After that my father and I are running errands. We have to go to the Lidl for toilet paper and dishwashing tablets. Then we have to go get coffee creamer and booze for my mother. It's been nearly six months since we did this type of errand run. It'll be weird.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #42938
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Surfing MR for he first time in weeks.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #42939
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Sipping coffee, watching WSL and EPL football and brainstorming books for Christmas gifts.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #42940
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I just finished my fourth cross stitch. Today the supplies for my next couple of projects were shipped, hopefully they arrive tomorrow and I can start winding the embroidery floss on bobbins and cut the fabric to size and grid it and hopefully start it on Sunday.

For just over a week now my country has entered a partial lockdown. But more and more experts are calling for a short but full lockdown. It makes me nervous, although if it's a two to four week lockdown it wouldn't be too much of a problem. But if it needs to be done it needs to be done. It looks like other experts, who advice the government are saying that we should give the partial lockdown longer to start having effect. If that doesn't work we should enter the "intelligent" lockdown we had during the first wave (we didn't have to close our store then).

If we have to close I do have enough to keep me busy. Not just the cross stitching, but also a stack of diamond paintings, a subscription to Skillshare and it'll give me a chance to get caught up on my podcasts, I'm horribly behind with some of them. But hopefully it won't be needed and the partial lockdown will bring the Covid19 cases down.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:12 AM   #42941
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just done minor but essential food shopping at out local supermarket (two minutes from my door!) and am now enjoying this forum whilst drinking coffee!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #42942
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Pretending to work on emergency response flow charts. Who knew such an exciting topic could be so boring.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:25 AM   #42943
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Riding out the remnants of Hurricane/TS Zeta - very gusty
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #42944
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Riding out the remnants of Hurricane/TS Zeta - very gusty
DITTO. I had to be in Alamance County this morning to meet with some judges and the rain and wind have been following me ever since. A lot of Chapel Hill has gone dark for the time being.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #42945
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
DITTO. I had to be in Alamance County this morning to meet with some judges and the rain and wind have been following me ever since. A lot of Chapel Hill has gone dark for the time being.
We had flickers during the worst of the gusts around noon. Still blowing sporadically now.

Oh joy - thunderstorms tonight after midnight with the approaching cold front.

Could you please drive, say, to South Carolina and lure the weather away from here?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?