Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 05:06 AM   #1
nindotza
nindotza began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader
MoonReader descriptions and paragraph separation

In reference to creating ebooks with descriptions that have visible separation between paragraphs in a MoonReader description. The descriptions I get now are just one big block of text. Text is all compressed with no spacing or indentation.

I use Calibre to modify the descriptions so that a paragraph is indented (using the GUI increase indentation tool in the edit metadata application), the following is added to the comments HTML:

<p style="text-indent: 48px">

MoonReader seems to ignore styles such as text-indent and simply aligns all paragraphs to the left side. In addition multiple space characters placed at the start of the paragraph do not translate (either as space characters or HTML entities for space &nbsp, MoonReader will generate the text "null" in its place. I also thought to just have paragraphs separated by another empty set of paragraphs, but it seems those extra lines get removed when generating the ebook description.

Here is example, of a description:

Code:
Paperback, 624 pages 
Published 1892
When Leaves of Grass was first published in 1855 as a slim tract of twelve untitled poems, Walt Whitman was still an unknown. But his self-published volume soon became a landmark of poetry, introducing the world to a new and uniquely American form. 
Throughout his prolific writing career, Whitman continually revised his work and expanded Leaves of Grass, which went through nine, substantively different editions, culminating in the final, authoritative "Death-bed Edition."
What I want is the lines for the paragraphs that start with "When" and "Throughout" (in the above example) to have a leading paragraph indent to show separation as a paragraph.

How can I setup the text in Calibre so that a description is created that MoonReader will present as readable information (specifically that one paragraph as visual separation from the next).
nindotza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creating ebooks, descriptions, moonreader