Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2019, 01:25 AM   #31
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I never got an email and my Kindle keyboard is on 3.4.2. I just connected to shop in the Kindle store with no problem. I also just sent a book to it with no problem.

My only problem is that I keep on trying to tap on the screen to do stuff and that doesn't work!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 AM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
My only problem is that I keep on trying to tap on the screen to do stuff and that doesn't work!
I've done that a few times also.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Just noticed that a similar update (4.1.4) is now available for the K4 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #34
Zbigniev Hamson
Zbigniev Hamson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) WiFi
I think it's weird that they sent out these emails only days before the Kindles would allegedly stop working. My Keyboard seems to have updated itself anyway, but my mum's K4 is still on the old firmware (4.1.3 I think) and is still connecting to the store with no problems so far.

But yeah it's a bit scary to get an email on the 27th of September that seems to be saying you need to update your Kindle in the next 3 days or it will stop working. Especially when you're away on holiday at the time and don't have access to it...

Last edited by Zbigniev Hamson; 10-16-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Zbigniev Hamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:42 AM   #35
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Upgraded my Kindle Keyboard and five Basic no-touches (four are technically my kids' Kindles, but they do nothing with them). No problems with any of them. I would imagine three of the Kindle no-touches will be part of my (eventual) eReader dispersal. (The youngest son pretends to like his because he knows I like eReaders, but he never uses it.)
Curious, do your kids not use it because they aren't readers or because they are reading on something else?

Also FOUND my missing ereaders! They were in the safe place I put them, but now all go back to the usual place. Yes, I need to sell some ereaders (never the K3s), but I'm attached to them.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #36
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
If this update has to do with internet security for the browser, you’ll no longer be able to connect to the internet via Kindle without it. However, you will still be able to download the update to your computer via the Kindle section of the Amazon website and install it manually. Amazon wants you to continue to connect and buy books. Certainly, they would like you to buy a new Kindle, but they don’t want you to be unhappy and go elsewhere.
I’m not at all surprised about the late notification. Kindle support personnel know little about these older devices and were probably late in even creating the update. I think the very existence of the update is a good sign for Kindle Keyboard owners.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200529700

All updates are still there.

Last edited by montalex; 10-17-2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: update
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #37
Zbigniev Hamson
Zbigniev Hamson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) WiFi
I think this update (and late notice for it) was for everything up to and including the Paperwhite 1, so it's a bit bad to have not noticed any issue with all those models until only a few days before they would stop working.

But as I say, my mum's K4 is still working without the update so far.
Zbigniev Hamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:50 AM   #38
Nephiel
Nephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
There is a 3.4.3 update for the Keyboard now. I got a notification from the BackdoorLock KUAL module stating that the update file was named Update_2687240004-3543620001.bin, and it's listed as 3.4.3 here.
Nephiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #39
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Is that any different to the same file name and version I downloaded 2019-September?

I've not done a file compare, but they are the same size. It's not exactly a silly question because Amazon HAVE in the past offered updated Firmware mysteriously with same version and filename, at least once?

Last edited by Quoth; 02-24-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #40
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
That is the same update that I downloaded last September:
Update_2687240004-3543620001.bin
Nothing new there.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #41
Nephiel
Nephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolateNephiel is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I got the notification for 3.4.3 again today. I have half a mind to update this K3, but I don't look forward to going through all the steps for jailbreaking and reinstalling KUAL and stuff.

After all, the device works fine, and it's offline most of the time...
Nephiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #42
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Everything (of mine) survives updates on FW < 5.x (those were the days ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 PM   #43
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
I was so surprised to stumble across this thread. I haven't received an email about updating my Kindle Keyboard since February 2016. I had to search my old posts to find out when I last updated it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...rd#post3253328

I still use my Kindle Keyboard briefly but regularly. I try to always keep the WiFi and 3G turned off. I'd really rather just leave it as it is and not risk any update since I don't have any problems with it.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote