Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #151
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Great!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #152
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thanks so much you two for posting all of these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Another freebie today, another trip down memory lane - and it was a new one for me:

The Happy Hollisters at Pony Hill Farm: (Volume 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #153
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Another freebie today, another trip down memory lane - and it was a new one for me:

The Happy Hollisters and the Trading Post Mystery: (Volume 7)

And as of this moment (6:55pm Eastern), books 11 and 31 are still free.

This the page I've been checking to scan the list quickly.

ETA: Book 31 has expired as of 12/19/19.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 12-19-2019 at 05:23 PM. Reason: note about expiration
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #154
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sweet!
Old 12-21-2019, 12:37 AM   #155
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A repeat freebie today:

The Happy Hollisters and the Haunted House Mystery: (Volume 21)

Books 7 and 11 are still free as of 12:36AM Eastern 12/21/19.

Expired (checked 12/27/19).

Last edited by FizzyWater; 12-27-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Advert
Old 01-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #156
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Fwiw, I’ve been checking the Happy Hollister series every few days and nothing free lately.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #157
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thank you for keeping an eye out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Fwiw, I’ve been checking the Happy Hollister series every few days and nothing free lately.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #158
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I finally started reading Happy Hollisters (#1 but not numbered, because who knew at that point?). I was in a doctor's office and didn't want to start a long term book. After chapter one, I am suspecting that these were better when I was 8 or 10.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:07 AM   #159
FizzyWater

Book 16 is free again. This is a repeat, so those following may have already grabbed it.

The Happy Hollisters and the Ice Carnival Mystery: (Volume 16)

ETA: no longer available as of 2/12/20

Last edited by FizzyWater; 02-12-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:07 AM   #160
FizzyWater

Another repeat freebie: Book 6 is free this time;

The Happy Hollisters at Snowflake Camp: (Volume 6)

expired (checked 2/28/20)

Last edited by FizzyWater; 02-28-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:17 AM   #161
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Enid Blyton's, Famous Five Collection 1: book (1-3) at 0.99GBP in Amazon UK
Limited Time Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017HNFL2E

This is one of my favorite author/series/characters. I still read them when/if time permits.
But i am not sure kids these days like these low tech adventure stories.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #162
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
A series by Audrey Faye (co-credited with her daughter Shae Geary) is free right now at Amazon (only, these are KU titles, but free-free at the moment):

Dragon Kin: Sapphire & Lotus
Dragon Kin: Lily & Oceana
Dragon Kin: Alonia & Trift
Dragon Kin: Jae & Fendellen
Dragon Kin: The Final Two

These are self-published, and I haven't read these specific titles, but I've read multiple others by the author (including ones she wrote as Debora Geary). Based on that experience, I expect these to be low-conflict verging on no conflict, potentially good comfort reads if you really need a hug, potentially cloying if you're ready to conquer the world.

These are placed in SFF, not YA, but based on descriptions and my past reading I suspect YA is a good fit.
Quote:
The ancient prophecy speaks of the five, those who will come to save all of dragonkind. Like most prophecies, it leaves out a lot of the important details…

Sapphire is a very ordinary elf girl who runs for the hills—and gets lost in a forest instead. The same forest where a dragon egg perches high in a tree on a dark winter’s night.

This is the story of what happens when egg meets girl.

Dragon Kin: Sapphire & Lotus is book one of a fantasy series for readers who love dragons, ordinary heroes, and bravery that has to be earned one day at a time.

A note from Audrey: I tell stories of hope, resilience, belonging, and finding what (and who!) matters. I do that in a lot of different genres, but you’ll always get those things in an Audrey Faye book.
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #163
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Thank you, these sound like a good fit for one of my girls.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:36 PM   #164
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Another Happy Hollisters goes free, #32
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...oreType=ebooks
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:27 AM   #165
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaysee View Post
Based on that experience, I expect these to be low-conflict verging on no conflict, potentially good comfort reads if you really need a hug, potentially cloying if you're ready to conquer the world.
Sounds perfect for pandemic/quarantine reading.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote