Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
potatis
potatis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max Carta
Coding on e-ink through ssh

Hi,
Im thinking about using a e-ink device to code through ssh.So my linux server will be running the actual code but the coding will be done out in the sun from my e-ink device. Anybody that has tried this before? What would be needed?

My plan right now would be:
Bluetooth keyboard and android emacs

Kind regards
potatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:24 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatis View Post
Hi,
Im thinking about using a e-ink device to code through ssh.So my linux server will be running the actual code but the coding will be done out in the sun from my e-ink device. Anybody that has tried this before? What would be needed?

My plan right now would be:
Bluetooth keyboard and android emacs
It should work well - although I am a desktop IDE spoilt guy.
In fact, why "android emacs"? Can't you use emacs on the server, on the other side of the ssh tunnel?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
coding ssh linux