Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2024, 10:56 AM   #1
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
How to Back-Populate "author" from "author_sort"?

Some of my e-books have <lastname>, <firstname> in the "author" field, but the vast majority have <firstname> <lastname>. I would prefer for all to have <lastname>, <firstname>. The "author_sort" field now has all of the authors formatted the way I like it. Is there some way to back-populate the "author" field from the "author_sort" field?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Easy, there is a plugin that can 'flip' selected Authors (and a lot more useful things)

Quality Check Plugin: Fix: Swap Author Fn Ln <> Ln, Fn

Right click Preferences: Get Plugins : not installed: <select)
Is the easiest way to add ANY official (found here at MR, Calibre Plugins) recognized PI

I also use the FIX fo format Author initials so they are all the same way (My preferred way )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:30 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Either
  • use @theducks solution, or
  • open "Manage authors" (right click on Authors in the tag browser) and push the "Copy all author sort values to author" button.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:04 AM   #4
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Either
  • use @theducks solution, or
  • open "Manage authors" (right click on Authors in the tag browser) and push the "Copy all author sort values to author" button.
Thanks! Can't believe I missed that!
Now is there some way to update the author information on my e-book, other than deleting all the books and then redoing "Send to device"?
I tried "Embed" and "Polish", but they don't seem to update the device.

Last edited by rsbrux; 04-02-2024 at 03:32 AM.
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote