Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Kore
Enthusiast
Kore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
eBook Software Management?

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to the world of eReaders. I recently bought a Sony Reader Touch Edition (though, my question is not really specific to it), and was wondering if there was a good piece of software out there to manage eBook collections.

I think the "Reader Library" (Sony's software) is pretty bad. It actually reminds me of the MP3 software management of the 90s. I have also checked out Calibre, but I think it's... ugly. As well Adobe DE... which is also bad.

I have found that the software I like the most is Bookpedia. Unfortunately, it's not meant to be an eBook Library, but a real book library.

I am looking for something similar to Bookpedia, but for eBooks. Plus Adobe DE compatibility (so I can borrow books from libraries), and syncing with my device. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me of some hidden gem piece of software in the internet that will do just what I want (and not be ugly). I would prefer it to be for Mac...

Thank you,

Note: Although I believe this topic to not be Sony Reader specific, if the mods feel like they need to move it, please do.

Last edited by Kore; 04-30-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I don't know what's out there for the Mac ... but take another look at calibre. I know Mac users are all about style over substance (j/k! j/k!) but despite the fact that calibre is a bit short in the beauty department (remember, it hasn't even reached version 1.0 yet), it's the best way I know of to manage ebooks.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I've got a mac also. So far Calibre is the best that I have seen. Like most multiple platform software, it goes lowest common denominator as far as UI goes, but it has a lot of functionality that most don't have.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I designed my own eBook database to track read, unread and wanna-get eBooks and use it a lot. I posted a copy in the freebies section here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ebook+database)
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote