Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
3G Connection

Do you HAVE TO have an active connection when using your Kindle DX? I mean, would it render unusable if it was to be brought to some country where you have no 3G access?

Thanks!
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The DX works fine as a stand-alone reader. Instead of 3G access, you can connect it to a PC via a USB cable and download books.
The major on-going problem seems to be the clock - if your DX can't connect via Whispernet, every time your DX performs an update, or resets, your clock settings can't be updated, and are indeed reset to an older default date. If you sort your books by "Most Recent" - your most recent books are moved to the last page. There are hacks to get around this. Search these forums for "USB connection" I think.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks for the warning too, will be checking around.
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I use Calibre, so I never download books via 3G, but always download to my computer and move to my kindle via USB. But I do turn it on to update the time.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote