Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
DreamReclaimer
DreamReclaimer began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
BeBook

Anyone here familiar with the BeBook? It seems to handle the most formats, and I'm just looking for advice. I've got PLENTY of ebooks on my pc, and I do a LOT of reading there, just want to be able to go mobile. Not so much interested in being able to shop and buy from the device, just want to read what I've got anywhere. I mainly shop and buy on the PC, and I will still be using it just want the flexibility.

Right now it's between the Jet Book and the BeBook. I'm getting turned off on the Jet from what I've been reading about their customer service, and the fact they don't support .lit files. BeBook seems to support the most variety of files, but I haven't found anything on their customer support yet.

http://mybebook.com/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danke.

Scott
DreamReclaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
DreamReclaimer

Okey dokey. Now that I've posted, the "similar posts" feature at the bottom is showing me some BeBook posts. Not sure why my earlier search didn't find those, so sorry for wasting people's time.

Scott
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The BeBook is the same as the Hanlin v3 and Astak EZ Reader. For support purposes you might want to consider the Astak since you're in the US.

You can find lots of info in the Astak forum here on MR and it will generally apply to the BeBook as well.

As far as .lit files go the BeBook's/Astak's/Hanlin's do support them, but they tend to run a little slower than other formats and the ones I've seen have problems displaying correctly (spaces in the middle of words that aren't there on the desktop).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
DreamReclaimer

Thanks so much for the help. I believe I will be going with the Astak PP. LOTS of information here now that I know what to look for.

Scott