Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Did anyone get a Kindle DX Firmware update recently?

I don't have whispernet on much. Besides being a power suck, it is starting to creep me out. However, I turned it on yesterday afternoon to download a book. While it was sitting there, my Kindle screen showed a message about it was updating the firmware version and it then rebooted afterward.

The version still shows "Kindle 2.1" which supposedly is the original version it was shipped with (according to Amazon -- so take it with a block of salt!). It looks like the K2 has a new firmware upgrade but nothing was said about the DX.

I'm just wondering what Amazon has done to my Kindle and a bit paranoid that somehow they will start making my non-Amazon books useless.

(But at least the nice thing about paranoia is I am the center of attention... and it *IS* all about me, don't ya' know!)
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
My K2 did the same thing about a week ago but the version number (2.0.3 [327610024]) is still the same.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
ebs
Zealot
ebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enoughebs will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX
It was discussed here earlier - Amazon pushed preffered roaming list update. No software changes.
ebs is offline   Reply With Quote