Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Running a script on-demand?

Is it possible to run a script on demand (via a menu item) rather than automatically (autorun on reader startup)? I find that I do need to do something about the reboots (which don't worry me too much in themselves, but unfortunately almost always replace cache.xml with a much older version, destroying all bookmarks I have placed since the last backup) - even if it is just a periodic backing up of the cache.xml file.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
I don't really think that's possible. The 'autorun hack' comes from the Sony PRS-505 service manual. There's no way to go around this.
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert