Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
Question eBook Library Error: Permissions.

When I connect my device to my PC at work i get the following error message.
'Unable to access folder due to insufficient permissions'

I have previously connected my unit to my laptop at home successfully and am now trying to connect to my desktop at work - it cannot be the desktop as I have admin priveledges on it.

Is this something to do with book protection - can you only connect to one pc to manage content? if so what is the official procedure it my pc I use to connect to dies and needs a format etc..
Has anyone else had this? Can I get rid of it by doing a factory reset and if so will a factory reset remove the book samples I got with the device??

Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
OK I've figured this out:
I have a network drive mapped to drive F, and my PC was mapping the sony reader to rive F also. The ebook Library software was trying to access the network drive instead of the reader.

I just gave my reader a different drive letter and all is ok!
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert