Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
Rewound
Rewound began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Finding Empty Books....

A quick preface of this is... I previously held all of mky ebooks on an exxternal hard-drive. Mainly through my own stupidity said hard-drive took a tumble and broke ! I managed to save some/most of the documents I held there originally and transferred them onto a new hard-drive but some of the docs couldnt be recovered but new corrupted files were now stored on the new hard-drive .

To save myself time and sanity, instead of going into every single book to find which of the books had been recovered successfully and which hadn't I thought that I would throw them all at Calibre in a 'see whats sticks' exercise. Problem is that everything 'stuck'. So I am left in the same situation, with albeit a prettier looking library than before.

I have created a column to tell me which formats are held in which records, and Calibre seems to think that everything is there in pdf format. But if i go into the directory, there is nothing held in the folder except the metadata file.

Is there any way that I will be able to find all of these files automatically on Calibre that I am not aware of (most probably) that means I can save a little bit of my waning sanity by not entering each book individually to see if the book is actually there?
Rewound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
First, do a library database check (library dropdown menu->library maintenance) and fix all the errors you can. Then, you can search for "formats:false"
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Rewound
Rewound began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
You sir are the font of all sorts of awesomeness. Many many thanks from my sanity
Rewound is offline   Reply With Quote