Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
mhikl
Enthusiast
mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod touch
Calibre Icon in the Toolbar, et al. gone?

Don't know how this happened, but when I opened Calibre, all the icons were gone and all I get are blank boxes with some text underneath or actively will show text with arrow over boxes.

I update the the latest Mac version but still the problem exists.
I went to Preferences (no icons there either) and tried every thing to find a fix.
I did google searches for info.
I have searched this forum for posts.
I have read the faqs.
Dumped Calibre, preferences in Home library and Home Calibre file. Restarted Mac, reinstalled latest Calibre.

I have spent hours trying to figure this out. (I am obstinate.)

Any help would put rest to my quest, a smile on my profile, and maybe my dog will come out from hiding.

Namaste,
mhikl

Last edited by mhikl; 12-04-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added reinstall stuff
mhikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
mhikl
Enthusiast
mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod touch
Embarrassing!
As usual, I am my own foil. The icons are back. At some time I moved Calibre app into a folder for publishing inside the Application folder. Then I must not have opened it for a while so when I opened it yesterday, saw the missing icons for the first time.

Usually I put aliases (short cuts) into group folders but must have got lazy that time.

I wonder if I can give myself a karma point for answering this silly problem. (But you really can't give yourself karma, can you. You have to earn it and the bad karma for my own error sort of blanks out the good karma for discovering the answer. Oh, well. To balance the bad K, today I will shovel the walk of the old bat next door, even though she makes me pick up dog poop in winter.)
mhikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Users that find solutions to their own problems are my favorite kind, so here's some karma from me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote