Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #1171
bears
bears began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage, PW5
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a Kindle Voyage with ads running Kindle OS 5.13.6 with KUAL e3deabf(20220213,a)-KV and KOReader 2022.07.

I know there have been lots of problems with the haptic page turn buttons on these devices, but I haven't been able to find any information regarding this specific case. After the device goes to sleep with KOReader running, if I awaken it with the power button, the haptic buttons do not respond until I exit and relaunch KOReader. However, if I plug the device into my computer via USB the device wakes up and the buttons are responsive. This does not happen if I plug it directly into the wall.

Launching KOReader with the standard launcher or the ASAP launcher has the same result.

Is this a known issue with a workaround? At this point I'm not sure which program is the culprit, KUAL, KOReader or Amazon's own software.

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks!
bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:18 AM   #1172
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We don't have a maintainer with that device, so I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive answer either .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2022, 04:22 PM   #1173
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Question: is there some way to download KFX files from calibre server using KOReader (i.e. to read with the Kindle app)? It seems only to download formats support by KOReader.

Seems like it would be an easy modification to KOReader calibre client, but thought I'd check before looking into it further.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 04:37 PM   #1174
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Question: is there some way to download KFX files from calibre server using KOReader (i.e. to read with the Kindle app)? It seems only to download formats support by KOReader.

Seems like it would be an easy modification to KOReader calibre client, but thought I'd check before looking into it further.
Yes. You need to create a file called "calibre-extensions.lua" on koreader data dir.

It should contain a list of extensions. Calibre assumes the list is in the desired order.

Here's an example of such file:

Code:
return {
    "epub",
    "fb2",
    "mobi",
    "azw",
    "xps",
    "doc",
    "docx",
    "djv",
    "djvu",
    "pdf",
    "cbz",
    "htm",
    "html",
    "xhtml",
    "pdb",
    "prc",
    "rtf",
    "txt",
    "md",
    "chm",
    "zip",
}

You just need to add the extension you want at the top of the table.

Aaaaaaaand, before you asked: Nope, there're no plans to add an UI to it. But if you want to do the job then patches welcome.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:58 PM   #1175
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Yes. You need to create a file called "calibre-extensions.lua" on koreader data dir.

It should contain a list of extensions. Calibre assumes the list is in the desired order.

Here's an example of such file:

Code:
return {
    "epub",
    "fb2",
    "mobi",
    "azw",
    "xps",
    "doc",
    "docx",
    "djv",
    "djvu",
    "pdf",
    "cbz",
    "htm",
    "html",
    "xhtml",
    "pdb",
    "prc",
    "rtf",
    "txt",
    "md",
    "chm",
    "zip",
}

You just need to add the extension you want at the top of the table.

Aaaaaaaand, before you asked: Nope, there're no plans to add an UI to it. But if you want to do the job then patches welcome.
Thanks! For Kindle a KUAL extension for calibre client would probably be better, but not sure one exists. In meantime, this should do what I want.

I'll look into doing a patch.

And maybe there's a way to patch the Kindle browser to allow .kfx download if jail broken.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2022, 01:25 AM   #1176
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What file/folder are my reading preference settings(line spacing, page number, font size, font weight) stored in on my Libra 2? I want to do a fresh install of KO Reader but have my reading preferences like line spacing and fonts and page numbers kept.

Can someone just give me a straight forward answer as to what files I need to save to keep those settings.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 01:27 AM   #1177
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
What file/folder are my reading preference settings(line spacing, page number, font size, font weight) stored in on my Libra 2? I want to do a fresh install of KO Reader but have my reading preferences like line spacing and fonts and page numbers kept.

Can someone just give me a straight forward answer as to what files I need to save to keep those settings.
Default settings applied to all books are kept in the settings.reader.lua file in the KOReader root folder. Per-book settings are kept in each book's .sdr file alongside it, wherever it is. If you haven't modified a default for a given book, that setting will not be kept in the .sdr file.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 01:28 AM   #1178
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Default settings applied to all books are kept in settings.reader.lua. Per-book settings are kept in each book's .sdr file alongside it.
So if I find that file, save it and then transfer it back onto my e-reader all my reading preferences will come right back?
Old 12-09-2022, 01:30 AM   #1179
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
So if I find that file, save it and then transfer it back onto my e-reader all my reading preferences will come right back?
updated what I wrote to clarify: if you haven't modified a particular setting for a book, that won't be reflected in the individual .sdr folder for the book. So if you're confident that you haven't modified any default settings, only a per-book setting, then simply keeping that .sdr folder will restore your settings for that book. If you *have* modified any default global settings, you have to bring along the settings.reader.lua file as well (but that also brings a lot of other KOReader settings, and I understand you want to get rid of those)
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:25 AM   #1180
jasius
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
updated what I wrote to clarify: if you haven't modified a particular setting for a book, that won't be reflected in the individual .sdr folder for the book. So if you're confident that you haven't modified any default settings, only a per-book setting, then simply keeping that .sdr folder will restore your settings for that book. If you *have* modified any default global settings, you have to bring along the settings.reader.lua file as well (but that also brings a lot of other KOReader settings, and I understand you want to get rid of those)
So it's trickier than I first thought.

Thank you for following up and clarifying things for me.

Old 12-09-2022, 12:03 PM   #1181
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On the other hand, if you're just reinstalling KOReader and not doing a factory reset, you don't care about the .sdr folders, as you're not going to touch those.

Just keep a backup the settings folder and settings.reader.lua and you're good.

c.f., my backup script for all the gory details (spoiler alert: it's slightly outdated ;p).
Old 12-14-2022, 02:40 AM   #1182
jasius
Connoisseur

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
On the other hand, if you're just reinstalling KOReader and not doing a factory reset, you don't care about the .sdr folders, as you're not going to touch those.

Just keep a backup the settings folder and settings.reader.lua and you're good.

c.f., my backup script for all the gory details (spoiler alert: it's slightly outdated ;p).
My Kobo Libra 2 always crashes(the screen dims instantly and I have to do a hard reset of the device with the power button) when I plug a USB port in and select "Share" when I have KO Reader in use trying to transfer from a PC, it'll work with Nickel, but not KO Reader, this wasn't always the case, I just need to figure that part out. Is there any particular file that would tell you exactly what's happening?

Also lately when I try to wirelessly transfer books they go into the wrong dir, and I'm not sure how to fix that so the might go in the right place.

Otherwise everything is perfect, if I could just transfer files over USB without the KO Reader crashing instantly, it'd be 100% perfect.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #1183
NiLuJe
BLAM!

If the kernel hangs, there's nothing your or I can do, as logging in the USBMS tool is not persistant.

The best you can do is monitoring the syslog (logread -f) over SSH via WiFi (in the stock shell only, not ZSH), but it's very very likely the usual Libra 2 EPDC hang, so you're unlikely to get anything useful out of it.

I'm mildly curious if you can pinpoint *when* is stopped working, as that's... stranger (nothing should really have changed much in terms of refresh patterns).

EDIT: Except I just remembered that having Wi-Fi enabled "fixes" the Libra 2 EPDC hangs, so, hahaha. >_<".
Old 12-14-2022, 09:15 PM   #1184
jasius
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If the kernel hangs, there's nothing your or I can do, as logging in the USBMS tool is not persistant.

The best you can do is monitoring the syslog (logread -f) over SSH via WiFi (in the stock shell only, not ZSH), but it's very very likely the usual Libra 2 EPDC hang, so you're unlikely to get anything useful out of it.

I'm mildly curious if you can pinpoint *when* is stopped working, as that's... stranger (nothing should really have changed much in terms of refresh patterns).

EDIT: Except I just remembered that having Wi-Fi enabled "fixes" the Libra 2 EPDC hangs, so, hahaha. >_<".
What would be causing the kernel to hang all of a sudden on the Libra 2 when plugging it into USB?
Old 12-15-2022, 02:03 AM   #1185
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The usual Libra 2/Nia/Clara 2E EPDC shenanigans?

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch