Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2022, 02:54 PM   #1
element42
element42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle on Android
KFX files not showing in android app

My KFX files do not show up when I try to sideload into the Kindle app on my android phone.
The files are sound - converted from EPUB in Calibre, they work perfectly when sideloaded to my Oasis.
I'm definitely putting them in the right place (Books folder, with access permission granted to the app) - MOBI files placed in the same folder show up in the app immediately.

Is anyone else successfully using sideloaded KFX files in the app? There aren't many Google results for the subject. One set of comments on a Reddit post suggests it's possible, another suggests it's not...
element42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:57 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It works for me, but others have occasionally had problems. The instructions in the KFX Output plugin thread are:

Copy the file to the kindle or Books folder within main internal storage of the device (/sdcard). If that does not work try placing files in Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:21 AM   #3
element42
element42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle on Android
I couldn't see the Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files location originally, but after installing an alternative file manager I was able to access it, and now my KFX files are working in the Kindle app.
Thank you for your help
element42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, kfx, kindle, sideload