Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 03:22 AM   #1
spliton210
spliton210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
Unable to update Calibre (Ubuntu) since 2.76

Hi

I have been unable to update Calibre on my Ubuntu 16.04 server since v 2.76. I have used the following command to download &install:

sudo -v && wget --no-check-certificate -nv -O- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"

but get this error...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 673, in main
File "<string>", line 658, in run_installer
File "<string>", line 631, in download_and_extract
File "<string>", line 333, in download_tarball
File "<string>", line 292, in do_download
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 384, in read
data = self._sock.recv(left)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 756, in recv
return self.read(buflen)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 643, in read
v = self._sslobj.read(len)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:1754)

Can anyone please advise how I can possibly work-around this issue.

Many thanks
spliton210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Download the installation tarball manually since the automated download is failing - instructions for doing that are ont he download page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
spliton210
spliton210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
Thanks Kovid,

That method works, but I would really like to understand how/why the standard automated Binary stopped working as I had it setup to auto-update every week..... was a very handy facility
spliton210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well. it's an SSL protocol error those are fairly hard to debug, but in general check your SSL library version, certificate store and if you have a MITM SSL proxy somewhere in your network path...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote