Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #31
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
but it won't hurt just to check it either ??
Yes it won't hurt :-) Thank you sometimes I am a bit lazy. I will come back to you as soon as I get my friend to check on his prestigio.
The CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #32
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess we should make a final check. This one is 85a with a rebuilt "Calibre - style File structure", but nothing else.
I am curious how you do that?

Quote:
I noticed callibre tossed out the "title"-tag from any file within the "Text"-folder. Huh ??? What's this ????
I am not sure if I understood corectly title tag was empty in Sigil files too because I didn't put any title in metadata, maybe that is why Calibre left them emtpy too.
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #33
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CB View Post
I am curious how you do that?
Using 7zip and notepad ....
Quote:
I am not sure if I understood corectly title tag was empty in Sigil files too because I didn't put any title in metadata, maybe that is why Calibre left them emtpy too.
Well, what your OS ?

On windows you can just rename *epub to *zip and have a look into the file. So i found out that the title tags are missing. These are "must have" in xhtml-spec, so "epubcheck" reports a fault as well and sigil replaces them as soon as you open the file with it. Maybe we should ask kovidgoyal ...
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #34
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Using 7zip and notepad ....
Oh I hoped something simpler for not so advanced users

Quote:
These are "must have" in xhtml-spec, so "epubcheck" reports a fault as well and sigil replaces them as soon as you open the file with it. Maybe we should ask kovidgoyal ...
Yes yes you are totally right I was so focused on structure that I haven't noticed that those are missing. I made a mistake: using winrar I checked structure and just skimed the code, forgetting that Sigil is adding things when opened yes maybe we should ask him, but after all without title tag it works :-(

Last edited by The CB; 03-15-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #35
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh I hoped something simpler for not so advanced users
By now, we analyse the problem: is it the file - structure or is it something what calibre does within the files (formatting, declaration etc)

Quote:
but after all without title tag it works :-(
it was just a annotation on the fly, maybe one of the other guys around here has an answer. I don't think that this is the thing which causes the failure.
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #36
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
By now, we analyse the problem: is it the file - structure or is it something what calibre does within the files (formatting, declaration etc)
it was just a annotation on the fly, maybe one of the other guys around here has an answer. I don't think that this is the thing which causes the failure.
Yes and I am still waiting for my my friend with prestigio to give me the answer if that file works. Thank you so much for your help and your effort. I would give you so much Karma but not allowed more

Last edited by The CB; 03-15-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #37
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
it seems it is not the structure. 85e is seen in the same way as the one made in Sigil. Only two pages can be seen. Title formatting was ok the same like with one made in Sigil (85a) but still only two pages ....
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
it seems it is not the structure. 85e is seen in the same way as the one made in Sigil. Only two pages can be seen. Title formatting was ok the same like with one made in Sigil (85a) but still only two pages ....
cool , this will probably make a simple solution a bit easier.
tomorrow i will fineread the differences in formatting etc.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #39
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
cool , this will probably make a simple solution a bit easier.
tomorrow i will fineread the differences in formatting etc.
I am looking forward to it. Thank you for getting into this issue so thoroughly. I owe you.

Here are photos of all three versions how they look on reader.

Code:
 http://db.tt/qXmq7xoO
Please notice how the non-working version 85a preserved the heading styles while the converted and working one, doesn't display the styles as they are given in stylesheet and on every file. For example in stylesheet .calibre6 defines list to be italic, but it is displayed as normal...

Last edited by The CB; 03-16-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #40
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Just had a look, could it be because the language is Polish/Czech/Similar?

Does the same thing happen with standard English books saved from Sigil?

Could then be some weird character encoding thing, perhaps causing the file to be truncated/mangled - especially html/css portions.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
I am looking forward to it.
Fine, I'm working on it.
Actually, there are two construction-sites:
1. The general problem why Prostigio can't handle Sigils output.
2. The specific problem on your current E-Book, which doesn't recognize formattings.

Right ?

On first: I detected 2 major differences between Sigil and Callibre builds. I will make some testfiles to check the issues. This is going to be a long night

On second: There are two formattings i don't like within you CSS:
- .calibre6 display: list-item;
- .calibre9 font-weight: bolder

Referring to "IPDF Open Publication Structure (OPS) 2.0.1 v1.0.1" both values are invalid.

I suggest the following test: Remove lists from the text (i.e. make a numbered list or just simple Paragraphs) and use numbers (100 to 900) to adjust font-weight. then run the source through callibre and see if the style is recognized. I've seen more then once that a faulty style sheet causes some problems.

And Agoin, whats your OS ? Windows ??
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #42
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:

On first: I detected 2 major differences between Sigil and Callibre builds. I will make some testfiles to check the issues. This is going to be a long night

On second: There are two formattings i don't like within you CSS:
- .calibre6 display: list-item;
- .calibre9 font-weight: bolder

Referring to "IPDF Open Publication Structure (OPS) 2.0.1 v1.0.1" both values are invalid.

I suggest the following test: Remove lists from the text (i.e. make a numbered list or just simple Paragraphs) and use numbers (100 to 900) to adjust font-weight. then run the source through callibre and see if the style is recognized. I've seen more then once that a faulty style sheet causes some problems.

And Agoin, whats your OS ? Windows ??
I did buleted list, and normal bold and calibre made this strange style. I will do what you told me to do. Uh sorry I have Windows OS.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #43
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
I did buleted list, and normal bold and calibre made this strange style. I will do what you told me to do. Uh sorry I have Windows OS.
Yup, it's not your fault. There's nothing wrong on your list except for the list-style, callibre mades. Was it the first time you used a list ?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #44
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yup, it's not your fault. There's nothing wrong on your list except for the list-style, callibre mades. Was it the first time you used a list ?
yes indeed for the first time i used list I usually avoid it but this time it looked nice and neat in Sigil and Mobi after conversion.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #45
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
yes indeed for the first time i used list I usually avoid it but this time it looked nice and neat in Sigil and Mobi after conversion.
Well, the question is, if it will look good on prestigio. I've had a look on your screenshots again. On 85c, only the CB formattings are not working, so please try to use lower-case letters to name them.
The last idea to get this specific epub running is: Split Section0002.xhtml, it's quite large. (not what i would call "large", but maybe it helps)

The attachment is a Sigil build (85a) with calibre-style headings in the files. Tell me how it works on the prestigio.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Kopie von sirus-85f.epub (129.0 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by mmat1; 03-17-2012 at 09:12 AM.