Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
miraclemaso
miraclemaso began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Kindle phone number?

So i was just looking at my kindle and i went on to the settings 611 page. and i saw that my kindle had a phone number listed. this intrigued me. what is the purpose of the phone number? does it serve any purpose besides connectivity with at&t? and is there anyway i can use this number for myself?
miraclemaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a cell phone, so naturally it has a phone number. The number identifies it to the cellular network. You can't use the number for anything.

Precisely the same is true of devices like the iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
hack, kindle, phone number