screen_flags = bit.bor(full_screen and 1 or 0,
SDL.SDL_WINDOW_RESIZABLE,
SDL.SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI)
else
screen_flags = bit.bor(full_screen and 1 or 0,
SDL.SDL_WINDOW_RESIZABLE)
end

I added this to SDL2_0_decl.c

SDL2_0_decl.c:cdecl_const(SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI )
jbenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:42 PM   #17
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That'd be 2.0.1, not 2.0.4.

I was just saying that 2.0.4 is the implied minimum version, or at least the lowest tested version, so I'm not sure there's anything to be gained putting in anything lower than SDL_Linked_Version_AtLeast(2, 0, 5). Especially because it just makes the code more annoying to read.

You also need a post-2015 CMake, for example. And a post-2014 gcc.

Last edited by Frenzie; 02-28-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #18
jbenwell
jbenwell began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
If I use 2.0.4 I get the expected result here (content that fills the window).

Another question would be whether this check is required, or whether it would work on any platform. Does the SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI flag break anything if it's not supported?
Old 02-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #19
jbenwell

I'm running this on a Mac. gcc --version returns this

Apple clang version 11.0.0 (clang-1100.0.33.17)

cmake --version returns this

cmake version 3.16.4
Old 02-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #20
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That may be, but the only correct value is 2.0.1. Given that you presumably have SDL 2.0.10, of course anything lower works.

Quote:
Another question would be whether this check is required
It might crash SDL 2.0.0. It might not. I'm starting to acquire a morbid curiosity to find out.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #21
jbenwell

That's why I figured using either 2.0.1 and 2.0.4 wouldn't matter. 2.0.1 works fine too, BTW.

If I had something running SDL 2.0.0 I'd check it out, but (far as I know) I don't

I guess my next step is to punch in a PR on the Koreader github page and see if it goes in.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:33 PM   #22
jbenwell

I've raised

MacBook 2017 (retina display): window size does not match content size #5909

On the Koreader project
Old 02-29-2020, 01:01 AM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Oh, good thing you crossposted, I'd managed to miss it thanks to GitHub's terrible new beta notifications system >_<".
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #24
jbenwell

Thanks for all your help. I see things moving on the github side too. Very exciting!