Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
rwe
Enthusiast
rwe began at the beginning.

Device: ipod sony
books from sony store not changing font size on prs-900

I buy most of my books from the sony bookstore, the prices are reasonable and the collection is growing, however of the last 6 books i bought, 5 of them don't allow for changing fontsize on my reader, if i select a larger size, only the chapter name changes size and not the content. i reported this to sony, finally got a nice lady on the phone who gave me kind of gift code for a new book, but not a replaced book nor a message when the formatting is repaired. the end result, i don't have the book i wanted and i can't redownload the book because the library software tells me i have it already, has anyone the same experience or a possible solution
rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwe View Post
I buy most of my books from the sony bookstore, the prices are reasonable and the collection is growing, however of the last 6 books i bought, 5 of them don't allow for changing fontsize on my reader, if i select a larger size, only the chapter name changes size and not the content. i reported this to sony, finally got a nice lady on the phone who gave me kind of gift code for a new book, but not a replaced book nor a message when the formatting is repaired. the end result, i don't have the book i wanted and i can't redownload the book because the library software tells me i have it already, has anyone the same experience or a possible solution
I can't help you. The only books I bought from Sony I stripped the DRM off then formatted them the way I like them. I rarely purchase from them anymore now that Amazon's DRM was broken. It's amazing that since most every drm has been hacked I buy many more books.

I did run into your situation with my 505 by specifying in the css file a fixed (pixel) font size for all fonts. It caused the font to stay a fixed size even if I switched to medium or large. I'm curious if the producers of the book thought that was the way to go not realizing that it would screw up the end user.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Janeena
Janeena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad, iPhone
Hi RWE,

I had this problem with a book purchased in January. I called Sony and they assured me it would be corrected. What they didn't explain was that it had to be corrected by the publisher. I found that out after I called a second time about a month later. The book I bought WAS corrected but it took about 2 months. I kept checking my account and re-downloading that book and finally got the corrected copy. I never got the email informing me that the corrected book was available. Thankfully, I had other books to read while I waited for this one.

I hope it works out for you!
Jan
Janeena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font size, prs 900, sony bookstore