Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
Moon+Reader won't download books from Calibre Content Server

Post edited because I found the solution to the problem (I could see my Calibre library from Moon+Reader after both computer & tablet were updated, but couldn't download books). I discovered that in the more current versions of Moon+Reader and/or Calibre, the two connect better if instead of just entering the displayed IP address on the content server into Moon+Reader, you need to add a new connection, at which point Moon+Reader provides "local Calibre server" as an option. Using that, and entering the correct ip address, restores the functionality I had in my previous installations with a more manual setup.

I didn't find a way to just delete this post, so now instead of a request for help it describes the solution - hopefully someone else will find it helpful.

Last edited by DaySleeper; 07-15-2017 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Found own solution
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
use calibre companion as the go between is what I do.
CC on my android tablet connects to calibre content server if calibre PC is on, or to dropbox backup if that PC is asleep. downloads books to tablet.
Moon + is configured to check the same CC folder in moon: My files preferences, or I open a new book once from in CC with Moon as the default reader gets the book into moon. ( moon does not re-copy the actual book, it just creates a database entry )

CC is v cheap but if all you want to do is transfer a couple of books each time then delete them after reading, the demo version is all you'd need.

to remove finished books I first delete the entries in Moon recents & bookmarks , but untick delete the file; then I go delete the file in CC. This keeps things tidy, with no orphan entries
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 01:33 AM   #3
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
use calibre companion as the go between is what I
CC is v cheap but if all you want to do is transfer a couple of books each time then delete them after reading, the demo version is all you'd need.
s
I'll check into it; I typically delete books from my tablet after reading, leaving them on my computer. I had seen info on CC but thought the free version wouldn't be adequate and didn't want to pay (cheapskate here!). But if it will allow transferring a few books at a time, which is what I like to do anyway, it might be useful.
Thanks.
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:35 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

afaik the demo version limits the number of books you can have on the tablet in the CC library to maybe 5, maybe 9 ?
All the other functions are there. and it's less that the price of a single book anyway so support the developer if you like the demo
the big advantage for me is that CC can also access my cloud backup of my calibre library when the calibre PC is off, so I get get a book at any time without getting out of bed.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:04 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With all of these recent posts about Moon+, it sounds to me like Moon+ is not worth the hassle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 03:47 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard

what a pointless post.

- from someone who does not own or use the app, and therefore knows next to nothing about it

- and has yet to propose a constructive alternative for epub reading on Android. (saying buy an i-pad instead does not count

- i don't sound off about apps and OS that I know nothing about
Old 07-15-2017, 04:39 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
- i don't sound off about apps and OS that I know nothing about
@stumped - it's better not to sound off to those that do as you say you don't do.

As someone famous said about voting for politicians - don't do it, it only encourages them (Mark Twain or L.H. Menken methinks)

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, download fails, moonreader