Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I echo Patricia's and Elsi's comments. This place (my house) is overrun with books of every description. Making ebooks has allowed me to reclaim much needed space on the bookshelves (although that quickly refilled with books that were kept in boxes or were in stacks on the floor.) Additionally it has allowed me to read volumes that I had only heard about but never seen.

One person not mentioned is HarryT. HarryT has done some of the most remarkable ebooks in the MobileRead library. A complete Sherlock Holmes Omnibus was his first offering and among the others that he has produced is a complete set of Dickens' books.

Patricia has contributed many classics (and here I show my bias) including a lot of Voltaire that I had heard of only in footnotes but never found a copy I could keep as my own.

I produced the full 49 volume Harvard Classics series partly for the fun of it as Elsi mentioned and also because I wanted a set for my own use. (Indexes to the Dickens and other complete series are in the MobileRead Wiki. A link to the Wiki is available on the top line of this page in the left corner. DaleDe has done an amazing job in organizing and writing material for the Wiki.)

Anyway, sanity is over rated. Welcome aboard.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #17
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
One person not mentioned is HarryT. HarryT has done some of the most remarkable ebooks in the MobileRead library. A complete Sherlock Holmes Omnibus was his first offering and among the others that he has produced is a complete set of Dickens' books.

Patricia has contributed many classics (and here I show my bias) including a lot of Voltaire that I had heard of only in footnotes but never found a copy I could keep as my own.

I produced the full 49 volume Harvard Classics series partly for the fun of it as Elsi mentioned and also because I wanted a set for my own use. (Indexes to the Dickens and other complete series are in the MobileRead Wiki. A link to the Wiki is available on the top line of this page in the left corner. DaleDe has done an amazing job in organizing and writing material for the Wiki.)
And the four of you (RWood, Harry T, Patricia, DaleDe) are sick, sick, I say! But I sure love you.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think you speak for all of us there, vr.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #19
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
This place (my house) is overrun with books of every description. Making ebooks has allowed me to reclaim much needed space on the bookshelves (although that quickly refilled with books that were kept in boxes or were in stacks on the floor.) Additionally it has allowed me to read volumes that I had only heard about but never seen.

Quote:
And his Sherlock Holmes has turned many otherwise annoying hours waiting at the station into something wonderful. This eBook was perfect!

Thanks to all of you!

Quote:
Anyway, sanity is over rated. Welcome aboard.
Now for the real reason I posted: What is this "sanity" you guys are talking about?
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #20
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think you speak for all of us there, vr.
Absolutely!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 AM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, yes, yes, Patrica is truly wonderful (we were once married, you know, though it was for all of 1 minute 37 seconds) and I want to have her children, and HarryT is a great man and even though he occasionally rolls around shouting in a loud-but-dead electro-voice, "EXTERMINATE!" I'm hoping he will be their godfather, and the Good Mister Wood is like a mad uncle and a Teacher to me, but, the point is...the point is....what were we talking about?

Anyway, I'm having a party about 6 weeks ago, and, Ted, you're welcome to have come along to that party if you can manage the whole time-travel thing. Everone's coming/has come, so just ask anyone if you need chronological directions. Don't listen to any who warn you against attending though, as it promises to be/was absolutely faaaaabulousss (well, it will be/was if I can/did get these Oortwhale brains to defrost before 6 weeks and one day ago...damn it!).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #22
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I think you guys scared him off....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, best he should know what he's getting himself into, before it's too late.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I think you guys scared him off....
Phew! And it took 21 posts from all of us to do it. Maybe I should go guard the front door and ward off any more newcomers before they get this far again.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #25
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
A rabid One Piece fan reading online scans,who has a certain inclinations ftowards the weird and the horrible.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
...or perhaps I can hand out party invitations, to entice them in?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #27
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Where's GeoffC? He could offer them chocolate.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #28
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Where's GeoffC? He could offer them chocolate.
I think most of it's allocated for me as of late......
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

the rule around here with chocolate is, it's nicer to share.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #30
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the rule around here with chocolate is, it's nicer to share.
No-one mentioned that till now.
Oh well.
Duly noted for future.
How d'you share a Creme Egg?
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness