Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #586
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
^Bluestack
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #587
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Blue Streak
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #588
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
I think a plugin to allow some mods to the Content Server would be kinda cool.

Since I have a Kindle it gets really grouchy with the "Get" link, and generally fails to get the book. Being able to click "mail book" from the content server would be a really nice option to have.

There is a kind of hacked script that I found on the net, but it requires installing a proper webserver and exec-ing a python script. I would rather use the built in smtp script that does the auto-throttling..

Sadly, I can write stuff in bash, but have no idea where to begin with Python in building out something like this. Anyone else think this would be an interesting plugin?

Last edited by Guyverix; 05-21-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: small typo
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #589
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think that something similar to this would be a great idea for a plugin. Basically a way to print out a kind of "digital wallpaper" with QR code links to your books on it.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #590
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I think that something similar to this would be a great idea for a plugin. Basically a way to print out a kind of "digital wallpaper" with QR code links to your books on it.
Hope this allows posting of URL's
http://www.linuxintheshell.org/2012/...-001-qrencode/

Since I dont know python well enough to write the loop, perhaps someone else could. It looks like you could simply generate a descrete QR code for the URL's in a big loop and then deal with the resulting PNG files to make the wallpapers.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #591
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm not sure how practical something like that would be. This idea is more about interior decorating then about books; you can only see what is imaged. This seems inherently limited.

Alternately, you could use a large flat screen tv on the wall while running calibre displaying the Cover Grid and/or the Cover Browser. Right click, Book Details and you've got most of the info you'll need to determine if the selected book is worth pursuing. You'll have an ISBN/Merchant ID, back cover blurb, keywords, etc - depending on what you've put into calibre's database, of course.

Assuming you've got the computer and tv already, all you need is a cable. You can change the displayed books at any time you want. Much cheaper than printing up another bit of wallpaper.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #592
alineofreitas
alineofreitas began at the beginning.

Lightbulb Suggestion

First of all I'm totally new (to the forum, to the community), so I apologize if I'm trying to suggest something already discussed...

As a heavy user of calibre, I've come accross a series of troubles since I decided to start cleaning My 28.000 ebooks collection. Titles_written_like_that or-even-like-that and something.around.this where a few of the examples I've seen. Not to mention the number of records where the metadata invert the Author and Title info.

Because of this I've finally decided to try and look for an automated solution to help me out with those messed up metadatas. As a programming student, I think i'm already able to do such a thing, but first I tried to find out if anyone else had something going on this direction. Reading the suggestion list, I didn't find any.

So, my idea is to start a simple metadata fixer up.

What do you think? Or am i the only one annoied by this stuff? I accept every kind of constructive criticism
alineofreitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #593
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can use Bulk Edit Metadata to regex underscores/periods/hyphens into spaces, and there is an option to switch Author and Title as well.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #594
alineofreitas

Thanks, eschwartz!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:03 AM   #595
alineofreitas

well... Didn't find it under plugins, or even through a quick google search. :/

Correction: Just figured it out. Thanks

Last edited by alineofreitas; 06-19-2014 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #596
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Select a few books - click the "Edit metadata" toolbar button (or right click button and select "Bulk Edit" if a single book)

Use the various tabs to do the various jobs you need doing :-)
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #597
matencio
matencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it ismatencio knows what time it is

Device: Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet
Ideal plugin for autistic readers

I posted info about this in the developers forum but this works as well. I need an ebook reader that will allow the parent to change the pictures in the ebook and let her print it out. This allows her to personalize the pictures for her child. Please contact me ASAP if you can do this. I teach several autistic children and I'm changing the pictures myself. I don't have enough time to do so and this would get the parent involved in tahing her child at home.

Please help!
matencio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #598
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matencio View Post
I posted info about this in the developers forum but this works as well. I need an ebook reader that will allow the parent to change the pictures in the ebook and let her print it out. This allows her to personalize the pictures for her child. Please contact me ASAP if you can do this. I teach several autistic children and I'm changing the pictures myself. I don't have enough time to do so and this would get the parent involved in tahing her child at home.

Please help!
Edit the book with calibre's Edit Book feature.

Actually, I am thinking you could just use The Unpack Book feature, which may be easier here. What it does is explode the ebook into a folder full of the book's resources. Then just drop in replacement pictures into the "images" folder, and return to calibre and select "rebuild book".

As long as the new pictures have the same filename, they will update the picture placeholders, and the pictures will be referenced in the book.

You can also print a book from calibre's Ebook Viewer.

Last edited by eschwartz; 06-27-2014 at 05:52 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #599
BJWanlund
In eBook Heaven
BJWanlund is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone (owned), Kindle
Here's a suggestion I ran into thanks in large part to the Humble Dynamite Comics 10th Anniversary Bundle: Better comics metadata handling in the GUI. Whether that's an update to the Comicvine plugin to work in GUI mode, or something different where I can download metadata for comics (like B&N, Amazon, etc), I would really, really appreciate it.
BJWanlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:53 AM   #600
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Hi.

What about a plugin to download the albums from Picasa or google's new picture engine.

Create a cbr/cbz file pr album?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe