Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
notyou
Connoisseur
notyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle / Palm Pre / iPhone
Convert eReader Dictionary to MOBI?

Hi - I purchased Merriam Websters Collegiate from Peanut Press a long time back -- I'm amazed that it's actually still available for download from my account, which has survived getting bought by Palm, and then Barnes and Noble(?)

Anyway...

I wanted to see if I could convert it into something I could use on the Kindle. Unfortunately some of the scripts/apps out there for decrypting PDB files didn't work. Both complained about the format, I guess.

Creator: PPrs
Type: PDct

Any thoughts? Also - any advice on how to then convert this to MOBI? Can Calibre grok dictionaries?

Thanks!
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Dictionaries are not standard files and the standard decryption will not work. I do not believe Calibre can grok dictionaries of any flavor. I think you will need to buy a Kindle version of the dictionary.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 01:37 AM   #3
notyou
Connoisseur
notyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheesenotyou can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle / Palm Pre / iPhone
Aw, bummer. Ok, thanks.
notyou is offline   Reply With Quote