Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
wilko10
wilko10 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Smile Old Version Mobigen needed

Hi
This is my first post after getting my very lovely Cybook Gen3 yesterday.

I run linux at home and have read the old software I think its called Mobigen 6.01 Build 31 or 37 works ok under wine-so I can convert my books to Mobipocket format.

I have tried the Mobipocket creator software version 4.2 but it won't work under wine on Ubuntu linux.

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me out with one of the older Mobigen versions or similar that will let me convert my ebooks to mobipocket format.

Nicki

Last edited by wilko10; 11-04-2008 at 05:59 AM.
wilko10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Here is a Linux version.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
wilko10

Thanks for that, I will give it a go.

I still wouldn't mind a copy of mobigen to see if its easier for me if anyone has it.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
AZed
Connoisseur
AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PalmOS PDA
The MSDOS/MSWin32 command-line mobigen binary (v6.2 build 43) is still available directly from the Mobipocket Developer Center.

The direct link to the official file is:

http://www.mobipocket.com/soft/prcgen/mobigen.zip

The official (but alpha) Linux version is also available directly from Mobipocket, but isn't linked to anymore from the developer page:

http://www.mobipocket.com/soft/prcge...n_linux.tar.gz

This is the version with the symbols stripped.
AZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The one I provided above is the oops version (symbols aren't stripped).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
wilko10

Anyone found Mobigen 6.01 Build 31 or 37 works ok under wine-so I can convert my books to Mobipocket format?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #7
AZed
Connoisseur
AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AZed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PalmOS PDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilko10 View Post
Anyone found Mobigen 6.01 Build 31 or 37 works ok under wine-so I can convert my books to Mobipocket format?
Er, what's wrong with the Linux executable?
AZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Using the WayBackMachine at www.archive.org with a shortcut/url pointing to mobigen.zip, I was able to find this page that hosts several copies of mobigen.zip.

I downloaded the Mar 06, 2007 version and after repairing the downloaded .zip was able to confirm it contains Version 6.0 Build 31 (not sure if compatible or same as version 6.01 Build 31).
Code:
C:\> mobigen

* Mobipocket mobigen.exe V6.0 build 31 *
* A command line e-book compiler       *
* Copyright Mobipocket.com 2003-2007   *

Usage : mobigen filename.opf/.htm/.html [-lowpriority] [-nomin] [-c0 or -c1 or c
2] [-s0 or -s1 or -s2] [-vouchers=n] [-nocopypaste] [-rebuild] [-onlydeps or -no
deps] [-unicode]
Options:
   -c0: no compression
   -c1: standard DOC compression
   -c2: Mobipocket huffdic compression
   -s0: no security
   -s1: encrypted content
   -s2: PID secured (retargetable) Mobipocket ebook
   -vouchers=n: [by default] use DRM v2 with n vouchers (min = 6).
   -nocopypaste: does not allow any copy paste of content in Reader
   -nomin: do not minimize version
   -rebuild: rebuilds all dependencies
   -onlydeps: build only needed dependencies
   -nodeps: do not check/build dependencies
   -unicode: force build of Unicode book
   -lowpriority: set the PRCGEN thread priority to low (background build)
   -regserver: register the XOPFPlugin Type Library
   -unregserver: unregister the XOPFPlugin Type Library
   -releasenotes: display release notes
   -jpeg: native jpeg support (all images converted to GIF otherwise)
Hope this helps!

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-25-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: attachment removed (just use link to Mar 06, 2007 version above)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Hi
This is my first post after getting my very lovely Cybook Gen3 yesterday.

I run linux at home and have read the old software I think its called Mobigen 6.01 Build 31 or 37 works ok under wine-so I can convert my books to Mobipocket format.

I have tried the Mobipocket creator software version 4.2 but it won't work under wine on Ubuntu linux.

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me out with one of the older Mobigen versions or similar that will let me convert my ebooks to mobipocket format.

Nicki

I see no one has yet to welcome you to MobileRead, so let me be the first to extend a warm welcome to the site and in hoping you have a great time here.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:22 AM   #10
wilko10

Thanks so much for the link to old versions,never knew there was such a place.
Will have a go later.

Cheers
Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are we legally allowed to attach old versions of Mobipocket software here?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
p.s. I attach the version I downloaded and had to repair, in case it works better than the above link.
That reminds me, can I claim some type of derivative works rights for having repaired that .zip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are we legally allowed to attach old versions of Mobipocket software here?
good point Jon. The WaybackMachine link above is all that's needed.

It can't hurt to remove the attachment, as mission accomplished per wilko10!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote