Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #31
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
A RK3188 is not an i7 - the former is 10 times slower, the latter drains your battery 10 times as fast.
Even though the sense was clear and consistent with the context, I prefer to correct myself for the sake of substantive precision:

A RK3188 is not an i7 - the former is 10 times slower, the latter drains your battery *30* times as fast.

ARM Cortex-A9 can be around 3 times as efficient as Intel Core i7.

Last edited by mdp; 10-16-2017 at 01:37 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:36 AM   #32
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Yeah. Like it.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 02:08 AM   #33
DiDGr8
DiDGr8 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
So they didn't even release Canva's yet and are already talking about its upgrade in the future..
I think they've been selling the "Canvas" as the N96CML for a few months. The specs look identical and you could order one over on Banggood.
DiDGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:48 AM   #34
madballster
madballster began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Are there any in-action videos of the Max Pro 2 yet?
madballster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #35
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
So they didn't even release Canva's yet and are already talking about its upgrade in the future..

This is so Onyx-like...
That's what Onyx did with Max2. It was thought that Onyx was going to release Max2 with dual core i.MX7 in 2016 but upgrade (who knows when) should be with quad core.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #36
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
If, like people here have said, Onyx will release these devices 6 months from now, I maybe buy a Boyue that already has a quad-core processor in its guts.

Keynes said: "In the long run we are all dead"...
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:11 AM   #37
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
If, like people here have said, Onyx will release these devices 6 months from now, I maybe buy a Boyue that already has a quad-core processor in its guts.
I bought one Icarus/Boyue to try it: the Onyx firmware is more advanced in some areas. (The Icarus people were professional in replying to my mail of feature requests, but we are at the beginning of the process.)
The I/B device is mid-sized screen, the Onyx devices are big-sized screen.
The I/B device is Android 4.x, the Onyx will be Android 6. What will be better, it will have to be seen: is Android 6 more efficient or more bloated? I remember having found info that it is more battery optimized.

Quote:
Keynes said: "In the long run we are all dead"...
Keynes is dead.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #38
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Very good News Android 6 , well done! but what about Dictionary embeded?, Drm?, services reading functions; like wiki, Evernote and more?, tell me! is it an ereader device? or a tablet?
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #39
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
The I/B device is Android 4.x, the Onyx will be Android 6. What will be better, it will have to be seen: is Android 6 more efficient or more bloated? I remember having found info that it is more battery optimized.
My experience with 5.0+ on phones has been mysterious battery drains when the device is sleeping, no matter how aggressive I am in disabling and/or uninstalling apps. I can't seem to find a particular app responsible for it.

With tablets I guess I don't notice drains during sleep, but I can't say I'm wildly impressed by the battery on LP, MM or N. I seem to recall better battery life on some (but not all) KK roms.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #40
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Keynes is dead.
Yes, he died waiting for Onyx devices and their delays...
Old 10-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #41
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, he died waiting for Onyx devices and their delays...
fgdas, you created multiple accounts?

Anyway, this provisional timeframe is encouraging: it's "We hope before the end of the year but probably at the beginning of 2018", not "[Somewhere] in 2018".

Last edited by mdp; 10-30-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #42
viceant
Addict

Quote:
No, I'm not fgdas and was joking...

Anyway, I don't want to accuse especially Onyx, but we've suffered many delays from too many companies, haven't we?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:04 PM   #43
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Of course I've several accounts:
$£€¥, shares, bonds you name it.

Keynes is the last thing I care about.
#prayforcatalonia
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:45 AM   #44
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Anyway, I don't want to accuse especially Onyx, but we've suffered many delays from too many companies, haven't we?
If only we could find a way to make the Chinese work hard, right?

By the way: yes I do not like to hint it when I joke. May ruin the "clayface" effect.

Last edited by mdp; 10-31-2017 at 02:48 AM.