Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
ramsaa
ramsaa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sigil segmentation fault (`core' generated)

When I try to open Sigil on Ubuntu 12.04, it appears:

Code:
Debug: loaded the dummy plugin 
Debug: loaded the Linux plugin
Segmentation fault (`core' generated)
Any idea?
ramsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Were there no errors while compiling? Do you have Qt5 installed?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What class of CPU does your system have? If I remember correctly, the SSE2 instruction set is required.

I think if you do a cat /proc/cpuinfo you can tell from the flags field if you have SSE2 available or not.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
ramsaa

I didn't have erros and I installed Qt5...
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
ramsaa

cat /proc/cpuinfo

It says that:

Quote:
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 16
model : 6
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) II Neo K125 Processor
stepping : 3
microcode : 0x10000b6
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 5
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc up nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
bogomips : 3399.81
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
sse2 and even sse4a are both mentioned. This is a fairly new processor and should not have the sse2 problem. Something else is the problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'd always get segfaults like that whenever the binary couldn't access/find the necessary Qt libraries. That's why you have to create the special launch script that adds the Qt5 libs to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before starting Sigil.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'd always get segfaults like that whenever the binary couldn't access/find the necessary Qt libraries. That's why you have to create the special launch script that adds the Qt5 libs to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before starting Sigil.
And just to illustrtate that thought, here's the startup script I use (which isn't my original. I probably got it from DiapDealer or meme in the first place). It also probably isn't the only way to do it.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
## point library path and QT plugin path to Qt5 files
## for sigil Qt5 version(s).
##
## NB execute /usr/local/bin/sigil.sh instead of 
##    /usr/local/bin/sigil

# Entry point for Sigil on Unix systems.
# Adds the directory the Sigil executable is located
# in to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the custom Qt libs
# are recognized and loaded.

dirname="/opt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/gcc/lib/"

if [ -z "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$dirname"
else
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$dirname:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
fi

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

## not sure if the following is necessary.  But it doesn't hurt.

QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/opt/Qt5.0.2/5.0.2/gcc/lib/cmake/" 
 export QT_PLUGIN_PATH

exec /usr/local/bin/sigil "$@"
Instead of starting sigil directly, you execute sigil.sh instead.

And of course, the absolute paths mentioned may be different on your system. "Take notice and govern yourself accordingly."

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #9
ramsaa

Well, I try to understand but I couldn't, can you explain me again?
What I have to do, step by step...
Old 09-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Step 1: Install Windows
Step 2: Install Sigil
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I actually think that might be best in this instance.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
ramsaa

Well I had to installed with wine. It's working well, but I would prefer the native install on Ubuntu...
Old 09-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Unofficial binary deb packages
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
ramsaa

It didn't work, I got the same error.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsaa View Post
It didn't work, I got the same error.
Must be something unique to your system.
I've installed and used the binaries successfully on systems from 11.10 forward (as have others). With Gnome, KDE, or what-have-you.

Sorry you have to go the Wine route, but without more to go on... *shrugs*

Tags
debuf, fault, segmentation, sigil, ubuntu