Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
DaRk_ViVi
Zombified italian nerd
DaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV
Cover Size on Kindle Touch 5.3.2

I uploaded all my books with covers since I have my KT, even if it was almost useless before (just that small cover when I kept touched on a book name).

Since latest update 5.3.2 introduced cover view for my books all this work was finally useful but I have an issue: not all book covers are properly sized.

Most (if not all) Calibre uploaded books have smaller cover than the ones bought on Amazon Store.
Also some directly converted .epub have the proper cover size, but all the covers I manually added on Calibre are small, even if the cover I added in the metadata was fine and big enough (not some sort of thumbnail mode cover).

Is this a known issue?
DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A little while ago (when PaperWhite support was added) the kindle driver was changed in calibre to send larger thumbnails, I guess your smaller thumbnails are from before that change. Resend the books, and you should be fine.

To be doubly safe do a mobi to mobi conversion before sending the books, that will ensure that a full size cover is present in the actual file as well.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-11-2013 at 05:21 AM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
DaRk_ViVi
Zombified italian nerd
DaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV
Great thanks!
It worked great without having to do anything (just resend the book to the device without edit or had to remove it prior the new upload)!

I could also edit some covers with new ones and without a simple resend the cover on the KT was updated. ^^

Last edited by DaRk_ViVi; 01-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.
DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote