I am using Calibre version 0.7.35
I am getting the following error:

'list' object has no attribute 'split'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 63, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 312, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 146, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 164, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 162, in sync_booklists
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'split'

History:
I have been using calibre for about 4 years now,upgrading as needed.
Yesterday I upgraded to version 0.7.40. I was getting errors ie: NoneType, attribute split, and such.
I uninstalled 0.7.40. I reinstalled 0.7.35.
I am now getting the above mentioned error.

I am not a techie. I do not understand a lot of technological jargon but I can follow clear instructions. Could someone tell me what they think the problem might be and how to fix it.

If you need more information from me I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you

Edit: I thought that perhaps I had a corrupted media.xml so I deleted it...restarted my Sony...hooked it up to computer and tried it again on Calibre...same problem and error as before.

Last edited by Novasea; 01-20-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Novasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you running 0.7.40 or 0.7.35 when you get that error?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You cannot go back to 0.7.35 after having run 0.7.40. You can go back to 0.7.38.

@kovid: the change to permit additional preferences in devices created a cannot-revert-through point. Of course, unless the preferences are deleted.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Novasea
Enthusiast
Novasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you running 0.7.40 or 0.7.35 when you get that error?

Update: I have calibre 0.7.16 running on laptop. Connected Sony PRS-505 to laptop and received no error. Returned to desktop and received error again.

Formatted internal memory on Sony PRS 505. No change. Think I was in my format C: mode.

Should I uninstall 0.7.35 and install 0.7.38?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Novasea: Update to 0.7.38 and you will be fine

@chaley: That only applies if you have customized a device plugin after the change, correct?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
Novasea
Enthusiast
Novasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litterNovasea doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Uninstalled 0.7.35. Installed 0.7.38. Communicating with device with no errors.

Thank you both for your help.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@chaley: That only applies if you have customized a device plugin after the change, correct?
I think so. The prefs will be converted on each use, but they shouldn't be written back except during customization.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote