Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
convert plain text to other formats ?

I have a number of poems in plain text I would like to convert them to epub, or Digital pdf, or some other format so I can put them up for free download.

I have Sigil, eCub, and Atlantis downloaded and installed. Probably easy to convert, but it has been a long work week and I am rather tired.

So, how do I do this ? Are there examples that come with the programs, a faq here I didn't spot ? What is the correct direction ?

Hmmm. Maybe I just need some rest. I'll do that, and check back in after a few hours, and see what I can find in the way of examples, docs, etc.

Thank you.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebill View Post
I have a number of poems in plain text I would like to convert them to epub, or Digital pdf, or some other format so I can put them up for free download.

I have Sigil, eCub, and Atlantis downloaded and installed. Probably easy to convert, but it has been a long work week and I am rather tired.

So, how do I do this ? Are there examples that come with the programs, a faq here I didn't spot ? What is the correct direction ?

Hmmm. Maybe I just need some rest. I'll do that, and check back in after a few hours, and see what I can find in the way of examples, docs, etc.

Thank you.
One program you can use is OpenOffice.org (a free office suite). The following thread may provide the help you seek when using OpenOffice.org to convert plain text files into other formats: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62934

OpenOffice.org will save files as PDFs, but as far as I know it doesn't support epub (yet).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have openoffice installed, I'll check that thread.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Joebill
Fanatic

Hmm... I have a scanner that can save to pdf. Seems like a much faster method.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Just open the text file in Sigil.

Format it to your taste.

Save as ePub.

Done.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Joebill
Fanatic

Atlantis did it for me. I just imported in, exported as epub.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Joebill,

Calibre will also convert text files to epub, lit, mobi, and other ebook formats.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
txt conversion