Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
New Cybook Tips and Troubleshooting Wiki Page

Ok folks, I have started a page for cybook tips and troubleshooting. It will be a lot easier to go and find everything on one page rather than searching the forums. PLEASE go on over and add what you know to the page! I will try to keep it organized and cleaned up if necessary. Just add what you know. Thanks.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cybo...roubleshooting
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Excellent!

I've made one addition and provided one clarification.

-many thanks,

Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Yay! Thanks Jeff
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
SciFiBill
SciFiBill began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Irex DR800SG
Nice! I wanna bookmark the page to keep current with eveything that gets added!
SciFiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Out of curiosity, who posted the following in the Cybook wiki in the 'charging' section:

>>> If you have a problem with what this section says, please read and discuss on the discussion page before making any changes.

This seems like a very odd.....admonition.....to post. What problem is trying to be addressed?

-Jeff
Old 04-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
Out of curiosity, who posted the following in the Cybook wiki in the 'charging' section:

>>> If you have a problem with what this section says, please read and discuss on the discussion page before making any changes.

This seems like a very odd.....admonition.....to post. What problem is trying to be addressed?
The discussion section explains the problem.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
JWLaRue
Addict

Help me out here......what and where is the "discussion section"?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
cmbs
non-believer

At the top of the page there are tabs. article. discussion. edit. history. move. watch.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
JWLaRue
Addict

D'oh!

Here I was looking everywhere on the forums.....

-tnx,

Jeff
Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Good idea Christine - though I found out about it from the Bookeen blog !!!!

My only problem is the d*** bookmarks and remembering last page - otherwise
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Geoff - forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but have you tried using a different SD card yet?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Geoff - forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but have you tried using a different SD card yet?
Harry - not yet - and nothing to forgive , your suggestions and assistance always gratefully received - ; as I've mentioned elsewhere I'll just finish my present book and then I can try another card .

I think I've got a spare in an ' old ' camera I can use .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #13
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
If I could make a suggestion without ruffling anybody's feathers, could a Wiki tab be placed on the top tab list? It would be for all Wikis here, and visible to everybody looking at the posts. Just a thought....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There is one. Look at the menu at the very top of the page.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #15
cmbs
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I guess I'll say it again because I love repeating myself.

I do not use an sd card most of the time, and yet the cybook will often (maybe 15-20% of the time) not save my place and not allow me to save a bookmark. As a matter of fact, when I do use an sd card, I'd say the percentage of time it doesn't save my place is the same.

I've even had it go back to a spot before the previous save upon returning to a book, although that's not usually the case. Usually it goes back to the previous saved place.

The sd card may be the cure for some people having this problem, but it's not the definitive cure. The cybook is simply not saving my place.

I will be interested in whether or not a different card will solve Geoff's problem. I can add it to the wiki as something to try.

Last edited by cmbs; 04-20-2008 at 08:13 AM.