Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 10:01 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket6 View Post
Hi,
I'm doing something similar to the OP and wanted some help. I want to run Calibre from a flash drive instead of on my laptop. I downloaded the Calibre portable application. And, I exported the library from Calibre on my laptop to a directory on the flashdrive. I'm having trouble importing my old library into Calibre Portable. It says: "You are running calibre portable, all calibre data is already in the calibre portable folder. Export/import is unavailable." How do I import the library into the calibre portable app. BTW, the data are in calibre data files. Thanks.
Cindy
Copy the existing library folder (all of it, as one folder) to the Calibre Portable folder on the flash drive (alongside calibre-portable.exe), then use the Library Switch/create tool to connect that folder as an existing library.

If your existing library is called "Calibre Library" you could rename it before you copy it, e.g. to something like "CalibreBooks" then you won't overwrite the default library.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #17
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
I'm sure this is rhetorical but any plans to make Calibre Portable for iPads? I'd love to run everything off a jump drive!
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote