Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Amazon finally made a new Oasis cover!

Kudos to the ebook reader blog, which is where I found this info.

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...indle-oasis-2/

Link to black fabric cover: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079BG3LQF...QF_productInfo

Incredibly, amazon had a 'used' red fabric cover available for pre-order, which was only $10! So I snapped it up at that price. Not sure why they had a 'used' one (it was the only one, sorry), perhaps it was used in testing or something. Anyway, it’s 'used' and 'like new', so I thought it was worth a gamble. Will go nicely on my new (refurbished) Oasis which arrives on Sunday. Pic attached, in case anyone is sceptical about this.

Cover release date is Nov 14. It’s a plain, dull cover, with no stand, but I understand why they made this decision based on all the hoo-ha over the original one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	329F5E86-F9AD-4E09-830F-436B682A0FE5.png
Views:	303
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	167570  
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
In light of the cost, the colors, and the one year delay, I’m really glad I bought the Fintie version for less than half the price right after I got the Oasis. Glad you got a good price on yours - I’d be curious to know how you like it. Good bargain hunting!
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
In light of the cost, the colors, and the one year delay, I’m really glad I bought the Fintie version for less than half the price right after I got the Oasis. Glad you got a good price on yours - I’d be curious to know how you like it. Good bargain hunting!
Thanks!

I can’t imagine what on earth took them a year to design this very simple cover. I actually have an original brown ‘leather’ cover for the Oasis while I really like, but I have dropped my kindle out of it once, and I don’t really want to take any chances with the new one.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
With the exception of the Amazon stamp, I like the Leather Merlot one the best. Burgundy is my favorite color.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
They look almost just like the other cover I originally bought. I still like my magnetic Amazon cover I picked up better.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
The red leather one is wicked nice. Me want!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:21 AM   #7
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
With the exception of the Amazon stamp, I like the Leather Merlot one the best. Burgundy is my favorite color.
I love the merlot cover I got with my Oasis One. I don't know what the technique is called but the Amazon logo is indented? into the surface but is the same color as the surface so it isn't noticeable and actually looks nice if you do notice it.

That new merlot cover looks like the same type of leather as the one for the first Oasis so it would be really nice without that truly horrid white logo. Maybe if you painted the logo a dull black it would help.

I just got the newest Paperwhite and two covers, the merlot leather and the yellow! fabric. Unfortunately the merlot one isn't that nice thin sort of antique-looking leather of the Oasis one. It's like the Amazon cover I had for my Paperwhite One, heavy and thick with that pebbly sort of texture.

@ Pjama -- Great find! That red cover looks really pretty. The fabric looks just like that on the new Paperwhite cover I got. I'm very pleased with mine.

Last edited by disconnected; 11-10-2018 at 04:24 AM. Reason: typo
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #8
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
And to think that the original design actually worked very well on the original Oasis.
Just tells me that they messed up with the design of the Oasis 2 and this is their poor excuse of a substitute for the original concept.
You can get these for 10 bucks, or you could have waited a year and pick one up from Amazon now for 4 times the price. Cool!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #9
Pjama
Guru

Just in time for Prime day Oasis bundles???
Old 11-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #10
Pjama
Guru

I just found out there is a new 'premium leather' cover listed, but it’s not available until Dec 13th. It doesn’t have garish white embossing, and looks like the microsuede type stuff they used on the original leather covers.

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Oasis-...ds=oasis+cover
Old 11-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #11
Pjama
Guru

And it’s $64.99, which is just insane.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I bought the Amazon leather cover for my first Paperwhite, which is now on the 2nd gen Paperwhite that my mom uses. I haven't spent that much money on a cover since 2009.

I've been happy with Fintie covers, my husband has a Sparin cover on his Paperwhite, and my Oasis is in a IVSO brand cover. I returned one from Ratesell because it was supper slick, and the one from Ayotu that doesn't stay attached.

I can buy a lot of books for the $40-$65 that Amazon wants for their covers. They are just too expensive.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #13
Nikkidog
Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis2, Paperwhite4
I ordered the new cover in red. It came today and I really like it. The red seems to be the same color as the merlot cover for the original Oasis. I can’t compare them side by side as I have given my original Oasis away to a relative. The Amazon stamp is on the front but happily it is the same color as the cover. It is not white like the picture. The cover fits snugly and it turns the Oasis off and on like it should. I was not disappointed.
Nikkidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkidog View Post
I ordered the new cover in red. It came today and I really like it. The red seems to be the same color as the merlot cover for the original Oasis. I can’t compare them side by side as I have given my original Oasis away to a relative. The Amazon stamp is on the front but happily it is the same color as the cover. It is not white like the picture. The cover fits snugly and it turns the Oasis off and on like it should. I was not disappointed.
That’s great, so glad you like it!

Hopefully amazon will update their product picture then, as I bet that bright white logo has put a lot of people off buying it.

My 'used' red fabric cover arrives on Friday, and I’m impatient to get it! Looking forward to actually having my Oasis protected so I can stop worrying about it falling out of the original cover (which is looking quite scruffy now, as it’s the microsuede, which marks and scuffs really easily). I’ll miss the stand, but I’m also going to enjoy having the feel of a book, if you see what I mean.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
And it’s $64.99, which is just insane.
It’s typical for a leather cover. Some people will regard it as too expensive, some won’t.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote