Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
crullx
crullx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T61
Exclamation How to change boot animation in Boyue T61 / Icarus E653

I have a Boyue T61 and I'd like to change the annoying boot animation with the Chinese symbols.
I found the info on the net, that it should be a zip file called "bootanimation.zip" located in system/media which can be replaced with a custom boot animation file.

But the T61 doesn't have a file like that. So I don't have anything to replace with a custom animation.
There is a "bootanimation" file (without extension) in system/bin folder though.
Also there is an "animation.bin" file in the system folder. None of them are zip or picture formats that I could replace.
I even tried to search for files with names like "boot" and "animation". I haven't found any other except the above mentioned two files.

Anyone has an idea? How can I put a custom boot animation on this device?
The original one by Boyue is pretty ugly.
crullx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
By default the file does not exist. Just put the bootanimation.zip there and cross your fingers and hope that the feature is not disabled.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
crullx
crullx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
By default the file does not exist. Just put the bootanimation.zip there and cross your fingers and hope that the feature is not disabled.
I tried it. Nothing happened.
The bootanimation is still the same with the Chinese characters. So the current animation is hidden somewhere else.
crullx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Sorry no idea.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote