Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Post New Kobo App: The UltimateMangaReader

This is the old thread. Please look here for the new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180607_181439.jpg
Views:	2908
Size:	615.5 KB
ID:	164398   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180607_181445.jpg
Views:	2430
Size:	561.6 KB
ID:	164399   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180607_183001.jpg
Views:	3372
Size:	858.4 KB
ID:	164400  

Last edited by OfficerAction; 09-15-2020 at 10:26 AM.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

reserved
Old 06-10-2018, 05:41 AM   #3
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Thanks OfficerAction. Look very promising.
My work don´t let me try it at the moment but I download and follow your progress
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
sloppyjoe
sloppyjoe began at the beginning.

Works well in my limited testing, well done!
how much work is it to add new sources? for example mangafox?

found one small bug, the frontlight reverts to off after sleep and resume
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #5
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
Works well in my limited testing, well done!
how much work is it to add new sources? for example mangafox?

found one small bug, the frontlight reverts to off after sleep and resume
Thanks for the feedback!
Mangafox was also my first thought but honestly the quality is not that great and they have that annoying watermark at the bottom of each page. You can probabbly find all the manga you are looking for with equal or better quality on the other hosts

As for the bug I will look into it.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:25 AM   #6
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Great ! I'll use it everyday

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-11-2018 at 04:12 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
knd9oas
knd9oas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis2, kobo one
not work for kobo one

Firmware 4.7.10413
install per instruction, UltimateMangaReader did show in the menu, but did not work.
knd9oas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo HD 4.8.11073. Everything seems to work fine. Haven't seen a bug yet. This is tremendous!

Last edited by Nemo1984; 06-12-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #9
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knd9oas View Post
Firmware 4.7.10413
install per instruction, UltimateMangaReader did show in the menu, but did not work.
Can you explain a bit more what isn't working?
Did you unzip the file? Are the other Apps working?
Old 06-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #10
knd9oas
knd9oas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis2, kobo one
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Can you explain a bit more what isn't working?
Did you unzip the file? Are the other Apps working?
it work ! after updated the firmware and reinstall per instructions ! thank you
knd9oas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:13 AM   #11
doktorfisso
doktorfisso began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
This is great! Works really well. Thank you for sharing your work. The interface is solid! Really appreciate it. Currently using my phone as a hotspot for reading manga on the go - works well enough. Offline mode would be fantastic.
doktorfisso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #12
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktorfisso View Post
This is great! Works really well. Thank you for sharing your work. The interface is solid! Really appreciate it. Currently using my phone as a hotspot for reading manga on the go - works well enough. Offline mode would be fantastic.
Thanks! Offline mode will come, along with other mutch needed fixes. However I am pretty buisy at the moment so it might be a while until the next relese...
Old 07-14-2018, 01:40 AM   #13
doktorfisso
doktorfisso began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Thanks! Offline mode will come, along with other mutch needed fixes. However I am pretty buisy at the moment so it might be a while until the next relese...
Don't sweat it. It works well enough for daily use as it is. But I do look forward to the upgrades One suggestion: When the user tries to browse to the next page but loading the page for some reason fails, an easily dismissible error message would be nice. It's a bit confusing seeing the same page displayed again - hard to tell if there's a loading error or if the manga set has two copies of the same page.

Thank you for your work.
doktorfisso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #14
Selenium
Just this guy, you know
Selenium began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi there. I just registered on this site so I could thank you for this!

Only got my Kobo today and this has made it infinitely better already. I'm so pleased! Now to slowly add my currently reading things as Favourites...it'll be awhile, but worth it.

Thanks again.

Quote:
One suggestion: When the user tries to browse to the next page but loading the page for some reason fails, an easily dismissible error message would be nice. It's a bit confusing seeing the same page displayed again - hard to tell if there's a loading error or if the manga set has two copies of the same page.
This. Also a way to refresh that would be nice. Kinda weird how sometimes just one or two chapters flat out won't load.

Speaking of which, I'd like Dynasty Reader added as a source. Most things I read there won't load on any of the readers currently in this app.

Last edited by Selenium; 08-04-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:37 PM   #15
TheBigAnk
TheBigAnk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I just installed the application and I can see it in the launcher menu, but after selecting UltimateMangaReader I get the error "Failed to start application!" (screenshot included).

I am using a Kobo Forma. Any steps I might have missed?

Thanks.

Last edited by TheBigAnk; 03-01-2019 at 08:41 PM.
TheBigAnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, kobo, kobolauncher, manga, ultimatemangareader