Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
How can I get my notes back?

I bought my Sony Reader PRS-65 about ten years ago and I had used it for more than 7 years. It was a great pity for me that the battery of this device was dying slowly off in 2017 and in 2018 it lay totally dead. That means, it could never be started again or recharged. The books I had loaded into the device have been backed up all the time. There is no loss of books by me. But the tons of notes I have made in the device just go missing. I forgot to export the notes when the device could still be connected with my computer. Now the device can never be used again and the old computer in Windows XP with which I have been handling with the Sony Reader things doesn't function very well currently and I just put it in my hometown. I guess the books which I copied directly from the folders inside the device and saved in my new computer should still contain the notes. But the problem is that I cannot install the Reader Library in my new computer in Win 10 because this software is terribly old. My dear friends, is it possible for me to get the notes back with my new computer?
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could buy a new battery and install in on your 650. That's all you can do.

Here's a video on how to replace the battery.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-05-2020 at 04:15 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I would say that the first step is to get the device to power up again. Without that, you really are stuck. Plug it in to charge via USB, and leave it for a long time (say overnight). For safety, the charging current is very low to a dead device, so it may take a long time to charge the battery enough to allow the device to boot up. After that, the device can negotiate the proper charging current with the USB hub, and charging can go more quickly.

Once the device has booted up, you can connect the computer to it and look at the files in the device. I don't know where the notes are kept, but they might be there somewhere in the files you see. Perhaps someone else has more information, but if not, just hunt around and you may get lucky.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote