Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #106
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Liking the new bookshelf in today's update. Thanks for letting us use our SD card now too!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #107
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
I'm seeing an issue in the new WP8 version where the "remove blank lines" setting doesn't seem to work when it's set to "no". Specifically, I have a book where the code looks like this (suboptimal, probably slightly incorrect, but it is what it is):

Code:
      <p class="para">It was time to fight.</p>

<p class="spaceBreak">&nbsp;</p>

<p class="paraNoIndent">Barriga stumbled as he crawled past the stump of a fallen tree. Blood from his brow dripped onto the ground, and the dark-speckled nettles seemed to soak it in, feeding upon his life. He raised a trembling hand to his brow. The bandage was soaked through.</p>
That "spaceBreak" paragraph is intended to create a space between the two paragraphs, and I would expect with "remove blank lines" set to "no" Freda should do the right thing. Instead, Freda is actually removing that blank line. See the attached picture, for example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bad paragraph spacing.png
Views:	299
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	117457  
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #108
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
I'm seeing an issue in the new WP8 version where the "remove blank lines" setting doesn't seem to work when it's set to "no". .
I will take a look at it - it does, as you say, look like wrong behaviour.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #109
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
I will take a look at it - it does, as you say, look like wrong behaviour.
Turns out it was my bad. I had my max margin setting ridiculously low at 5 (though that's where I've had it for a while, and it used to be fine -- must be another change to rendering from WP7 to WP8). When I changed that up to 20, the spacing came back.

I have, however, had an issue with Calibre's "polish ebook" functionality to update covers in books. Specifically, if a book's content.opf file is in a subdirectory (OEBPS\content.opf) but references files from the directory above it (../titlepage.xhtml, ../cover.jpg, which is where calibre puts covers when polishing), Freda fails to load the book. It seems like Freda's unpacking the epub at the content.opf level and deeper rather than unpacking everything and using the well-known META-INF/container.xml tell it where to find stuff?

I'll see if I can get a repro to send a debug log, as I already manually fixed the book I was interested in reading.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote