Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #856
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Grrrrrr

And, I suppose you have hidden Tantor's free download for April of Baree: The Wolf Dog somewhere, too?
Yep. To find where I hide these offers, visit the OP for the links
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 AM   #857
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 21 Apr
Old 04-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #858
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 21 Apr
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- Those Girls -- Chevy Stevens --> suspense
  • BN Nook --> $4.99 -- Eleventh Hour -- Catherine Coulter --> suspense
Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #859
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Daily Deals -- exp 21 Apr
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- Those Girls -- Chevy Stevens --> suspense
I've listened to Those Girls. It's pretty graphic and raw--not what I like in a suspense novel. I want to be entertained and feel frissons of fear; I don't want to feel disgusted and sickened as I was with this one.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:28 PM   #860
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
This is an audio and video. I know, video would go under the Media thread, but, personally, I will primarily be using the audio, so that's the reason for the post on this thread.

Ligonier Ministries has a download and video on The Book of Job, both for one price of $5.00. The list price is $24.00.

This is one of their Friday (only) specials. I hope that that means that the deal goes through at least 12 midnight Eastern Time U.S. (Ligonier is based near Orlando, which is in the Eastern Time Zone).

The presentation is by a fellow by the name of Derek Thomas. He is a prolific author. I listened to the free first message on the webpage whose URL that I'm about to give you; he is erudite, and obviously knowledgeable on the subject (his (one of his?) dissertations was on the book of Job).

Do more exploration here: http://www.ligonier.org/store/the-book-of-job-download/.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-21-2017 at 04:47 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 PM   #861
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 22 Apr

* The Idiot Brain: A Neuroscientist Explains What Your Head Is Really up To
Old 04-22-2017, 03:12 AM   #862
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 + iPad Air 2
Quote:
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 21 Apr
Would this be something for someone not really into poetry?
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #863
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 22 Apr

* The Triumph of Seeds: How Grains, Nuts, Kernels, Pulses & Pips Conquered the Plant Kingdom and Shaped Human History
Old 04-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #864
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ebook may have been posted before, but I don't remember about the Whispersync deal. If so, you who passed it by the first time get a second chance at it.

The WS deal is for Unknown Seas: The Portuguese Captains and the Passage to India, by Ronald Watkins. It is $1.99. Do not adjust your set--it's $1.99. This is thanks, in large part, to a $0.00 price right now on the ebook.

The ebook--it's rated 4.4, from 25 reviews, at Amazon; about 4.20, from 44 ratings at GoodReads.

352 pages.

I love finding ebook and audiobook bargains for people! Clark Howard, watch your back. ha

I had previously bought the ebook; for some reason I didn't purchase the Audible narration then (maybe it's gone down in price since then? that would be unusual, but still might have happened). Anyway, I'm going to pick up the $1.99 narration as soon as I get through with this post. Which is just about now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YKY9JK.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-22-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #865
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bow.l Whispersync deal.

4.5 stars, from 1,574 reviews at Amazon; 4.04 from 33,079 (no kidding) ratings at GoodReads. National Book Award, #1 seller in Kindle store or regular Amazon book store in three categories, etc., etc., etc. I'd say the book is very popular, and very, very good.

The deal--$1.99 (ebook) + $3.99 Audible narration = $5.98.

353 pages.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H1UOSG.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #866
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

At $6.98, this Whispersync deal is a little bit higher in price than the highest that I like to post. But the ratings are very high (4.5 stars, from 247 reviews at Amazon). And the book is very big--546 pages. And, I confess, the subject is one that personally fascinates me.

The Mantle of Command: FDR at War, 1941–1942. By Nigel Hamilton.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E78ICVA.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #867
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Penguin Random House -- Monthly Offer -- exp 28 Apr @ 11:59 AM ET
Quote:
It's #DashnerWeek and we're giving away the audiobook of THE MAZE RUNNER FILES by James Dashner!

Click here to download: https://app.snapapp.com/Dashner

NOTE: You can also listen on your phone when you download the Volumes app. Free on the App Store℠ for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® in the U.S. and Canada.

Offer is for 48 hours and ends on April 28, 2017, at 11:59 AM ET.
Quote:
Mark your calendars for a free download of THE MAZE RUNNER FILES by James Dashner!

http://ow.ly/9wfT30b3zQj #DashnerWeek

April 26th Free Download - 48 Hours Only
Quote:
The Maze Runner Files

Classified files from the world of the #1 New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. The first and second books, The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials, are now major motion pictures featuring the star of MTV's Teen Wolf, Dylan O’Brien; Kaya Scodelario; Aml Ameen; Will Poulter; and Thomas Brodie-Sangster! Also look for James Dashner’s newest novels, The Eye of Minds and The Rule of Thoughts, the first two books in the Mortality Doctrine series.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-27-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #868
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Penguin Random House -- Free Monthly Offer -- starts 26 Apr @ 12 noon ET

I've already posted that. I hid it. hahaha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-22-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #869
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I've already posted that. I hid it. hahaha
You do a better job of hiding than I do
Old 04-23-2017, 04:43 AM   #870
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 23 Apr