Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Strange quirk with PRS-600

Had a funny with my PRS-600 today.

I read for a long session last night (during which everything was fine), so the battery was on 3 bars when I turned the machine on this morning.

I thought my eyesight must be going. Every item of text on the page was "doubled", with a second, fainter, image of the text item about 2mm to the right of the original. Worst still, when I turned the page, it wasn't cleared, so the screen rapidly became completely unreadable.

I went back to the library and opened another book. No difference.
I fully shut the machine down, and rebooted. No difference.

"Oh dear, how jolly annoying", I thought (or words to that effect).

Finally, I connected the machine to my PC for 5 minutes. Disconnected it again. Everything back to normal and it's been fine since.

Very strange. Anyone had something similar happen?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Never had this problem. I've had some pretty bad ghosting when reading in very cold conditions, but nothing like what you describe, and I get the impression you weren't out in the cold when all this happened.
Sounds like you may have a defective e-ink screen. I'd call sony about a replacement if it happens again.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Sounds more like a processor problem than a defective screen. But at least there's an easy fix if it happens again!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote